Thread: any "problems" with the poljot 3133 chrono movement?

any "problems" with the poljot 3133 chrono movement?

I've just bought a Poljot Aviator 1 Chrono with the 3133 movement, and am awaiting delivery.

Someone has just told me that "When you press the start button, it sorts of jump a bit then starts to move smoothly. That is normal. It's because of the wheels inside. (even the 31681 chronograph movement behaves the same too)."

Can anyone with the 3133 movement confirm this? What actually jumps? The hands? Does that make the chrono unaccurate?

I did not know about this behaviour, and I am not sure if it's something I can live with. If it bothers me too much when I receive the watch, I will send it back.

Thanks in advance!

Re: any "problems" with the poljot 3133 chrono movement?

I have 3 3133 watches (1 soviet, 2 russian)

None of the hands jump on mine when I activate the chrono. I don't know if my watches are the norm or if I'm just lucky... but I've got no problems. It's a great movement in that it's accurate and tough. It also has some history to it and a military background.
    Motherlandwatch.webs.com- my current SOVIET/RUSSIAN collection... I've got some Non-Russians put away somewhere
    MWD- Self Proclaimed WIS of the Big Easy

You might want to refer to this thread.

What is The Most Beautiful Manual-Wind Russian Chronograph?
    Tag Heuer Aquaracer 300m auto*Victorinox Swiss Army Summit XLT*Poljot Aviator 1*Hamilton Pioneer Auto*Praesto Modern Fliegeruhr

Thanks Seng.

I found another reference to the second hand "jump"

http://members.chello.nl/~h.mennink/...Poljot3133.htm

But if other people are saying their's don't jump, then that's how I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbyrats View Post
    Thanks Seng.

I found another reference to the second hand "jump"

http://members.chello.nl/~h.mennink/...Poljot3133.htm

But if other people are saying their's don't jump, then that's how I like it.
    I at one point had one that jumped but the movement was known to be broken. The 3133's I have now work perfectly.
    Motherlandwatch.webs.com- my current SOVIET/RUSSIAN collection... I've got some Non-Russians put away somewhere
    MWD- Self Proclaimed WIS of the Big Easy

The following is my own wild speculation and observation... I'm willing to be corrected.

I own four 3133 chronographs and have handled three more. I've also handled other movements including an ETA 7750.

In my experience the seconds hand will jump slightly on both movements, leading me to assume that it is a symptom of the initial interaction of the chronograph seconds wheels when they make contact - not specifically the 3133.
    The biggest deviation I saw was on my new-old-stock 3133, which hasn't been serviced or run since the early 80's.
    It jumped an estimated 1.3 seconds on start, but my brand new Aviator brand 3133 only jumps around 0.5s before beginning to sweep.
    The 7750 (in an AD) appeared to be around 0.5s in the store, but obviously conditions were not ideal for such observation.

I imagine it comes down to a number of factors including, but not limited to: The adjustment of an a-symmetrical screw governing pressure between chrono wheels, the surface finish of the chrono wheels and the cleanliness of the movement.

If you want a perfect chrono, get a Springdrive 9R86.

If you want a chrono with no start jump and tactile mechanical operation, get a Brietling B01.

If you want a perfectly good mechanical chrono with what seems to be a normal deviation of ~0.5s on start, get a modern 3133 or 7750.

Thanks for the replies.

I can definitely live with a chrono that jumps less than a second.

Thread Information