Elektronikas still made in 2017? - Page 3
Like Tree131Likes

Thread: Elektronikas still made in 2017?

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

Re: Elektronikas still made in 2017?

Very interesting. It was reported in another thread that the 77A Melodiya has a Chinese module, but according to this list, only the K-65M is Chinese.

Incidentally, for those who may be interested, the 7 melodies on the 77A are old American folk songs that sound cheesy in the extreme (and chew through the batteries). I've been told the 5 melodies on the 55 are more impressive, but I can't confirm that.

Do we have a definition of the module sizes A, B and C? Do these define the module size, the display size, or both? I guess this would determine which cases can be used with which module?
    cuthbert likes this.
    Chascomm
    Moderator, Russian Watches & Chinese Mechanical Watches Forums
    (no, I am not going to list all my watches here)

Quote Originally Posted by Chascomm View Post
    Very interesting. It was reported in another thread that the 77A Melodiya has a Chinese module, but according to this list, only the K-65M is Chinese.

Incidentally, for those who may be interested, the 7 melodies on the 77A are old American folk songs that sound cheesy in the extreme (and chew through the batteries). I've been told the 5 melodies on the 55 are more impressive, but I can't confirm that.

Do we have a definition of the module sizes A, B and C? Do these define the module size, the display size, or both? I guess this would determine which cases can be used with which module?
    I think Nikolaj can answer to that, I heard something about Elektronika 77 on ebay and the sound quality is not the forte of the watch....

I would also be curious to know if they can use the Elektronika name, as it's more or less known, while Integral and Kamerton not quite, so for the export Elektronica by Techochas might help the identification of the watch.

I would also like to know the dimensions (they offer three cases, an octagonal, a more square like the old Elektronica 5 with module 207 and a new one that is also square with rounder edges) and if they can offer a nickel finish as it would look more like steel.

Incidentally it appears they are developing a simplified movement:

Часы с большими цифрами — Техночас

It's nice to see such interest for our watches here

It was reported in another thread that the 77A Melodiya has a Chinese module
    It is not true. This model have Chinese prototype, "Montana" watches, which were very popular in late 1980s and 1990s in USSR. But in 1990s Integral have designed watch IC with same functionality (just with the same american melodies), and Elektronika factory designed the analogous watch, "Elektronika-77A". If you open watch case, you can see that they have same construction as soviet "Elektronika-55" and trimmer capacitor for adjustment (chinese watches don't have it).

Yes, this defines module size, display size and type of watch case.
    Size A -- like soviet Electronika-52,53,54,55 (designed in 1986-88), diam.29mm, height 3.5mm. Display is approx. 21x9 mm
    Size B -- like Integral ChN-01 (designed in 2000), diam.29mm, height 5mm. Display is approx. 21x13.5 mm
    Size C -- Chinese module with rusification, diam.30mm, height 7.5 mm.
    Last edited by Surok55; September 18th, 2017 at 22:43.

Quote Originally Posted by cuthbert View Post
    For instance, Integral made the 01, 02, 03 and 04 model, are they all the same?
    They all have the same electronic module inside, but working in different modes, selected by jumpers on PCB. ChN-02 and ChN-04 are variants of ChN-01 with reduced functionality, we don't plan to issue them. ChN-03 have 5 alarms with unique melody for each alarm (but no timer), it's interesting model, we'll issue it in the beginning of 2018, or may be just in 2017.
    cuthbert likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Surok55 View Post
    They all have the same electronic module inside, but working in different modes, selected by jumpers on PCB. ChN-02 and ChN-04 are variants of ChN-01 with reduced functionality, we don't plan to issue them. ChN-03 have 5 alarms with unique melody for each alarm (but no timer), it's interesting model, we'll issue it in the beginning of 2018, or may be just in 2017.
    Thank you, it' s possible to see a ChN-01A? I see you offer three different finishes, one is TiN that all the Russian aficionados know, then there is another plating that is little known to me at least. Also I would like to ask which modules have back illumination or bulb and of course if the stop watch and timer count for more than one hour...generally the module manuals in English will be appreciated in order to understand how they work and the different functions.
    Last edited by cuthbert; September 19th, 2017 at 04:04.

Hi everyone, wouldn't a forum project with a limited and personalised dial be an interesting idea?
    hseldon and Trower44 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostok View Post
    Hi everyone, wouldn't a forum project with a limited and personalised dial be an interesting idea?
    .... I wonder what a custom dial for the forum might look like?
    Chascomm

Quote Originally Posted by cuthbert View Post
    Incidentally it appears they are developing a simplified movement...
    There is a project worth watching.

Nikolay, what is the time-line for this new model?
    cuthbert likes this.
    Chascomm

Quote Originally Posted by Chascomm View Post
    .... I wonder what a custom dial for the forum might look like?
    WUS project? I would use the logo on the top of the dial in the centre with a grey stripe.

If Technochas can use the name Elektronika I will put "Elektronika 57 by Technochas" at 6 o'clock on a similar grey stripe and yellos/orange fount.

Nikolaj asked me to prepare some sketches, then of course there is the project they are talking, that would be a 70s watch with a big chromed case.

Quick and dirty (very dirty) sketch ready:

Name:  006.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  2.50 MB

In short: black dial, two wide grey stripes on top and buttom, the upper one interrupted to create the W square.

This yellow/orange line in the middle of the stripe, it connects square and stripe. Two short yellow stripes above and below the white W.

Lower band similar with the yellow line that forms the characters Elektronica 57 by Technocas or something like that, perhaps in italics.

IMO the screen of the 01 module looks a little chaotic with digits of different fonts floating, I recommend to add a solid black like to separate the upper part with the lower one in order to "clean" the look, I understand Integral still makes LCD displays and perhaps it's worth trying.

Finally I have an humble suggestion to modify the octagonal case in order to make slightly wider (38 or 40 mm) and more elegant.

Name:  005.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  2.82 MB

They can still make brass cases in Belarus and perhaps the modification is feasible.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information