Elektronikas still made in 2017? - Page 4
Like Tree131Likes

Thread: Elektronikas still made in 2017?

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Re: Elektronikas still made in 2017?

Personally, I would want a custom watch to be as vintage looking as possible. I do not like extra non-functional width added. It should look like something that has been stored for a long time to be suddenly found, and only upon close inspection you would find it is a custom watch.
    Victorv likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by engblom View Post
    Personally, I would want a custom watch to be as vintage looking as possible. I do not like extra non-functional width added. It should look like something that has been stored for a long time to be suddenly found, and only upon close inspection you would find it is a custom watch.
    Well that's my opinion as the octoganal case looks narrower than what it should, at least to my eyes.

Of course we would all have a SS reissue of this this one:

This has already been discussed with Nikolaj but they cannot find a cost effective SS case supplier and I don't think many would be available to spend $200 for a quartz watch with basic functions today.

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by engblom View Post
    It should look like something that has been stored for a long time to be suddenly found, and only upon close inspection you would find it is a custom watch.
    I think that is something that watches such as the Casio A158WA-1 achieve successfully. This is true also of all of the last Integral production.

When I first got interested in Russian watches, all of the old factories were still in business, producing the kinds of watches that would cause friends to exclaim, "I didn't know watches like this still existed!" So much of that has been lost in the past decade, which why I hope for great success for Tekhnochas.
    Chascomm
    Moderator, Russian Watches & Chinese Mechanical Watches Forums
    (no, I am not going to list all my watches here)

Quote Originally Posted by Bostok View Post
    Hi everyone, wouldn't a forum project with a limited and personalised dial be an interesting idea?
    Hi, for me it would be interesting

Taking advantage of what we are talking about Elektronika, and sorry for the offtopic, someone konw if it is there any combination to do a reset?, my nice 55b is advancing around 30 seconds per day

Here is the module

Many thanks in advance

Just one incise.
    Promise review of чч-01, So far I can only tell the watch has a bulb, and best thing it does not switch off as soon as you release the button, but stays lit for 1-2 seconds more (very convenient if it's dark and you need both free hands)

As far as the stopwatch, I am trying to understand the manual (my basic russian does not go so far, so will have to ask my teacher....)
    Besides, the release of a WUS project with the elektronika seems to me a very good idea.

Best regards
    Last edited by RFollia; 4 Weeks Ago at 13:03.
    Chascomm and Danilao like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Victorv View Post
    someone konw if it is there any combination to do a reset?, my nice 55b is advancing around 30 seconds per day
    For reset press buttons 1,2,3 together (all except lightning). But if watch is advancing 30sec. per day, it seems that quartz is broken.

About limited editions:
    1) we can make watches with custom picture (allowed by our technology) on dial, with party >100pcs price will be the same as for serial watches, may be just a bit lower. We also can make just party of 10 watches, but in this case price will be higher (because we need to make a set of special tools for every dial picture).
    2) if you are really interested in stainless steel cases and there are enough customers for it -- we can design & make it. But we've calculated price for SS case some time ago, watches with them will cost 150-200$. It's very expensive for our domestic market, we will sell them for a very long time. Shops in Belarus tell us, that just our top-model ChN-01 with price about 40-50$ is very expensive for domestic buyers and many people want to buy it, but haven't enough money
    3) about cases from brass with different dimensions -- it's very difficult, because due to our technology we need to order another ingot, and it is very expensive (thousands $). If it's needed to make small party of exclusive cases, SS will be just cheaper, i think. But i need to do drawings and calculations on each order do answer accurately.
    4) Today available modules are: ЧН-52,53,54,55, 77А, K60 (slim cases and small LCD), ЧН-01,03 (slightly thicker cases with bigger LCD), K65M (with the biggest LCD, but made in China, i think it's less interesting here ). Some of them we've at our storage, some we can assembly in a short time. In Russia the most "classic" and nostalgic models are 55 and 77A.

Anyway, if anyone wave ideas about design of our digital watches -- write them here or to private messages, it's interesting to know opinions from abroad
    cuthbert and Victorv like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-phill View Post
    Interesting, it looks like a website that sells NOS Elektronikas, pre-2009 I think.

They use one of YOUR pictures:

ELEKTRONIKA5.RU - ???????? ???? "???????????": ??????????, ???????, ???????

Quote Originally Posted by RFollia View Post
    Just one incise.
    Promise review of чч-01, So far I can only tell the watch has a bulb, and best thing it does not switch off as soon as you release the button, but stays lit for 1-2 seconds more (very convenient if it's dark and you need both free hands)

As far as the stopwatch, I am trying to understand the manual (my basic russian does not go so far, so will have to ask my teacher....)
    Besides, the release of a WUS project with the elektronika seems to me a very good idea.

Best regards
    I am surprised as I have seen later Integral and Kamerton Elektronikas with illuminator...IMO Technochas can be successful of the international market against the Casio monopoly if compared to "higher grade" watches like the A168, that looks closer to their functions, and it's not cheaper than an Elektronika. But that guy has illumination.

Ideally the electronic watch should have the functions of a basic G shock like the 5600, so dual time, calendar, stopwatch and countdown but for 12 or 24h, and illumation, otherwise it's tough to compete against F91Ws sold for $10 on ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by Surok55 View Post
    For reset press buttons 1,2,3 together (all except lightning). But if watch is advancing 30sec. per day, it seems that quartz is broken.

About limited editions:
    1) we can make watches with custom picture (allowed by our technology) on dial, with party >100pcs price will be the same as for serial watches, may be just a bit lower. We also can make just party of 10 watches, but in this case price will be higher (because we need to make a set of special tools for every dial picture).
    2) if you are really interested in stainless steel cases and there are enough customers for it -- we can design & make it. But we've calculated price for SS case some time ago, watches with them will cost 150-200$. It's very expensive for our domestic market, we will sell them for a very long time. Shops in Belarus tell us, that just our top-model ChN-01 with price about 40-50$ is very expensive for domestic buyers and many people want to buy it, but haven't enough money
    3) about cases from brass with different dimensions -- it's very difficult, because due to our technology we need to order another ingot, and it is very expensive (thousands $). If it's needed to make small party of exclusive cases, SS will be just cheaper, i think. But i need to do drawings and calculations on each order do answer accurately.
    4) Today available modules are: ЧН-52,53,54,55, 77А, K60 (slim cases and small LCD), ЧН-01,03 (slightly thicker cases with bigger LCD), K65M (with the biggest LCD, but made in China, i think it's less interesting here ). Some of them we've at our storage, some we can assembly in a short time. In Russia the most "classic" and nostalgic models are 55 and 77A.

Anyway, if anyone wave ideas about design of our digital watches -- write them here or to private messages, it's interesting to know opinions from abroad
    1) I already made a proposal in the previous page, I don't know if you can make what I designed tough, in particular the black line to "separate" upper and lower screen, you said Integral can make custom LCDs but I don't know if it would too expensive. For the projects, at the moment we are stuck in an unpleasant situation, my understanding is that there is another Ratnik project in the pipeline but if the moderation agrees we can discuss, it doesn't need to be a WUS project.
    2) I have seen retro LED watches made by microbrands go for that money, I think with the right design it might work. We are ware of the low wages situation in the ex Soviet countries, that is the reason why I would humbly suggest to start to serve the international market, starting from this board! As you have seen people here are helpful and always supportive of new companies that are trying to get in a tough market.
    3) That was a proposal to modernise the look of the case (now even Casio makes larger watches) in the optic of international market, if you wnat to survive you need to sell something better. Casio at the moment sell "fake steel" cases, if you can offer a real SS case you might have an advantage over them, a lot of people complains about Casio's plastic. Brass is better than resin but chrome looks different than steel ( you cna see it clearly with bracelets) and it fades away. I understand you offer another coating and if would be good to have better pictures.
    4) You have a 79 for sale, interesting case design, it would also work great with an integrated bracelet:

????????.?? - ???? ???????? ?? (? ??????)

Last edited by cuthbert; 4 Weeks Ago at 17:37.
    Victorv likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Surok55 View Post

About limited editions:

Hello Surok, many thanks for your help, really. I will try when i get home.

Sorry comrade, but i don't understand what you mean when you say "maybe the quartz is broken". when you say the quartz, are you refearing to the battery?

Many thanks!!

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information