Elektronikas still made in 2017? - Page 6
Like Tree131Likes

Thread: Elektronikas still made in 2017?

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Re: Elektronikas still made in 2017?

Quote Originally Posted by Chascomm View Post
    I particularly like this техночас logo:

Yes that's the logo in Italic, Cyrillic cursive looks good...in my proposal for the WUS dial I wrote Elektronika 57 by Technochas in cursive using the yellow/orange WUS colour stripe on the grey band.

Still I think the octagonal case needs to be beefed up, the other case is still the same from the Soviet times, namely the Elektronika 5 with 206 module.

Quote Originally Posted by cuthbert View Post
    Yes that's the logo in Italic, Cyrillic cursive looks good...in my proposal for the WUS dial I wrote Elektronika 57 by Technochas in cursive using the yellow/orange WUS colour stripe on the grey band.

Still I think the octagonal case needs to be beefed up, the other case is still the same from the Soviet times, namely the Elektronika 5 with 206 module.
    My personal opinion is that a custom project should be as close to an exact copy of a real vintage watch as possible. Not everybody got money to buy a NOS vintage watch, and buying really old stuff from the bay always got its risks.

What I would want to see is an exact replica of an old SSSR watch, but with an insignificant change in order to avoid that these watches end up pretending to be NOS after a few year. For example swapping "сделано в ссср" for "сделано в беларуси". Everything else should be an exact copy.

I think it would be nice to be able to show people that exactly like this a digital watch looked like in Soviet.

For bigger cases, there are plenty of modern alternatives with even 10 years between battery changes. The charm of these ones is that they look old, and if we can have a more close replica I am interested.
    Victorv likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by engblom View Post
    My personal opinion is that a custom project should be as close to an exact copy of a real vintage watch as possible. Not everybody got money to buy a NOS vintage watch, and buying really old stuff from the bay always got its risks.

What I would want to see is an exact replica of an old SSSR watch, but with an insignificant change in order to avoid that these watches end up pretending to be NOS after a few year. For example swapping "сделано в ссср" for "сделано в беларуси". Everything else should be an exact copy.

I think it would be nice to be able to show people that exactly like this a digital watch looked like in Soviet.

For bigger cases, there are plenty of modern alternatives with even 10 years between battery changes. The charm of these ones is that they look old, and if we can have a more close replica I am interested.
    You don't need a project for that.

They sell the 53 and the 55:

These are virtually unchanged since the late 80s, at that time they made more variants with different dials but yes they are unchanged Soviet watches, of course Nikolaj can correct me if I'm wrong.

In the list Chascomm posted you can find this Soviet 55:

And a plastic waterproof 53V that clearly has the same module as the one sold by Tachnochas:

Pretty sure the made the chromed cased version.

If you want you can contact Nikolaj to ask if they can assemble two with NOS Soviet dials, I am pretty sure they still have spare parts.

My opinion is exactly the same! We plan to reissue 52,53,54,55 with classic soviet design of dials and cases from 1986-87 (with "Сделано в Беларуси", of course) in few month, it's main project for us now.

Quote Originally Posted by cuthbert View Post
    Quick and dirty (very dirty) sketch ready:

In short: black dial, two wide grey stripes on top and buttom, the upper one interrupted to create the W square.

This yellow/orange line in the middle of the stripe, it connects square and stripe. Two short yellow stripes above and below the white W.

Lower band similar with the yellow line that forms the characters Elektronica 57 by Technocas or something like that, perhaps in italics.
    I redrew this sketch in color. This dial is suitable for our equipment, we can make it in short time, if here will be interest for it. By the way, this module can work both in English and in Russian.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hopefully there will be dials you can buy too, like you can swap dials on Vostok watches. If later a dial is released and you fall in love with it, it would be nice if you could swap the dial for the new one.

Is anyone knowing about any English translation of the Elektronika 55 manual?

Is anyone knowing about any English translation of the Elektronika 55 manual?
    Surok can you help him? And that's also for me with the Integral 01 manual...

Quote Originally Posted by Surok55 View Post
    My opinion is exactly the same! We plan to reissue 52,53,54,55 with classic soviet design of dials and cases from 1986-87 (with "Сделано в Беларуси", of course) in few month, it's main project for us now.

I redrew this sketch in color. This dial is suitable for our equipment, we can make it in short time, if here will be interest for it. By the way, this module can work both in English and in Russian.
    Thank you Surok, I made few modifications myself...first the lower grey stripe should have the same thickness as the upper one.

Secondly, the logo "Electronika 57 by Technochas" as recommended by Chascomm can be in yellow and in cursive, I would move made in Belarus down and in white.

Finally my obsession, is it possible to modify the shape of the case in order to get a more square shape?

Name:  path9471-9-4.png
Views: 147
Size:  53.4 KB

I would also recommend to get the 01A module with different fonts.
    Last edited by cuthbert; 3 Weeks Ago at 16:35.

Quote Originally Posted by -WhiteLion- View Post
    If you have experience working with a soldering iron, then no.
    Unfortunately i don't have any experience soldering iron fellow.

I'm thinking about buying one new. What do you think it's the most iconic Elektronika. Elektronika 33 maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Victorv View Post
    I'm thinking about buying one new. What do you think it's the most iconic Elektronika. Elektronika 33 maybe?
    Electronika 55.
    Chascomm and Victorv like this.

This is fantastic news. I need one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread Information