High grade finish 3133 in Russian watch?
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: High grade finish 3133 in Russian watch?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

High grade finish 3133 in Russian watch?

I've got this http://forums.watchuseek.com/attachm...045-large-.jpg in my "made in Germany" Junkers/Torpedo.

Geneva stripes, gold coloured movement, blued screws and levers ...the works.

I've seen similarly finished 3133's in other Junkers watches and some Poljot internationals ...but they aren't really Russian.

Anyone know of a proper Russian model with the same grade of movement finishing?
    Might try to nab one before the general madness sets in...just don't know which one to look for.

Re: High grade finish 3133 in Russian watch?

Volmax Sturmankie's have some nice finishing. Pacifichrono has some great Strela pictures but it seems the images are offline .

Display cases will likely be the first to go. Although I'm generally seeing a fair amount of stock still available. Guess we'll soon see what happens to price and availability...

Yes, there are more than a few Poljot International and Junkers 3133s I'd like to aquire. I think those movements are imported to Germany from Russia and then reworked by Poljot International. My guess would be that Junkers either purchases the pre-modified movements from Poljot International or does their own in house modifications.

But even on the same model of Junkers watch (and at the same price) I have seen different degrees of movement finish ..gold/no gold ...blue screws/unblued screws ...and the blued levers are very rarely there.

This mix & match of finishing would lead me to believe that they just put in whatever they could get (from Maktime?) and didn't do any finishing themselves.

I did notice a different level of decoration at the Junkers website too, but I think it is almost certain that the movement was refinished in Germany and not Moscow. I don't think MakTime does that kind of specialty work. Obviously, you have one of the most highly decorated 3133 movements, with no substitutions of unfinished parts. Because Poljot International is a small company with a Russian background, it could be that they have no issues with making the occasional part substitutions, if necessary; as was/is the case with Poljot and Volmax.

So in your opinion it would be difficult/impossible then to find a Maktime/Volmax product with that kind of finish, yes?
    (As it would be highly unlikely for them to import their own movements from Germany and to pay a premium for finishing)

Sure that I've seen some decorated movements on ruscamera etc. , and Julian's I think aswell

Yes, it may well be that one or more of the companies inside the 1MWF, such as Volmax, is capable of decorating the movement body and dying the bolts. That would be another interesting question to ask the people at Volmax. It is certain, however, that Poljot International does this work in house, and therefore would have no need to have it done elsewhere.

The Volmax "Patriot" line (RChZ). They were going to be the high-end Volmax. Massaged 3133 keeps extraordinary time and the entire feel of the watch, the crown, winding, smoothness, etc. is at a very high level, better than most Swiss watches I have handled. They're still readily available; I'm thinking of buying another just because it's such a nice watch and, I think, a screaming deal for what it is.

Sodiac
    Too many watches, only two wrists and never enough time...

Quote Originally Posted by polmax3133 View Post
    I don't think MakTime does that kind of specialty work.
    Not true. MakTime made all these decorations and higher finishing stuff in-house. There were even some sort of standard open to front balance decorated movements of the 31mm derivates etc., and then there was/is Radonej, a highly skilled artistic branch located in the plant. You can download a stunning 2011 pdf catalog from here: Actually not really my taste, but real skilled artistic work. I have no current knowledge of what is happening to these guys. So beyond standard decorations and higher finishing, MakTime was able to actually deliver a lot of cool stuff. Sad no one ordered that in masses (and the standard movements of course too). If you start counting who equipped and ordered MakTime movements in bigger lots you can use your ten fingers to count them. Not enough...
    10 ATM likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast