WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Hope I did alright.

1K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  Horo Monger 
#1 ·
Hello, Russian Watch lovers. I just purchased this watch with Ebay buy it now. According to Juri's book on Russian wrist watches it is a rare model. If anyone knows anything about this watch, please let me know. I paid a total of $70, do you think this is a good buy? Best Regards.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Not sure that the lume dot on the bezel is original....usually they are domed shape. I may be incorrect about this, but it looks like new lume to me. Pictures of the back and of the 'innards' will help a lot! The thing is, do you like it? That's always the main question to me..., if it is NOT all original are you going to be terribly disappointed? My interests are varied, and like all the rest of the guys and gals on here.... I focus on a few specifics (mainly military oriented). I know, as usual, that the answer will lie with one of the great folks here!! We do need more pics, though. Personally, I like it, it looks clean and I have always liked that dial design! Either way, congrats! I like it!

#4 ·
Yeah, Paul, it's a good looker in awesome shape! You are probably right, the lume dot may be just so new looking that it's got me thinking that it's not original...that's why I leave the definitive decisions up to the experts since I don't collect vintage Amphibians or Antimagnetics.

#5 ·
Thanks for the replying guys. Yes, I really do like that dial, it's so unique and clean. I do, however, have some concern about the second hand being black, as the "Russian Wristwatch" book displays a red second hand.

The lume dot and over-all condition of the bezel is what really peaked my interest, as it seems to be near excellent. Now the wait for it to arrive from Russian to the southern Oregon coast!

#9 ·
I agree...

Hands are very strange... and second hand not only for the black color...

Just compare the distance between the center of hands and the small circle of the second hand...

#12 ·
Well, even if there are some non-original parts, the option to replace them and return it to its original state is easily done. Many of us have a little 'bits and pieces' box and will be more than willing to help. That's what friends are for, usually all I ask is that you 'pay the favor forward' (not necessarily to me, etc), and maybe pay the shipping cost, etc... Not a bad deal, eh? :)

#17 ·
I was actually watching this one for a week or so and was considering an offer. I was fairly certain that there were unoriginal features however what you have there at the very least is a 470 case and nice bezel in near mint condition. Hence why I was eyeing it up. I am watching a few similar Ukraine sourced Amphibians keeping an eye out for the parts which can be combined to make near perfect examples of the original watch. Do not be too disheartened at all, this can be transformed for very little cost because it's not at all far away from how it should look - a fine looking watch.

#18 · (Edited)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.