Like Tree18Likes

Thread: I would like to present my version of the Vostok Amphibian 'Mil-Spec' Watch

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    The Valley of Death, but I fear no evil for I am the meanest SOB in The Valley

I would like to present my version of the Vostok Amphibian 'Mil-Spec' Watch

I'd like some opinions. The case, crown, inner trim ring/crystal support and back have all been bead blasted to a dull gray. The hands are from OFrei.com, stock second hand. Dial has been re-lumed with GlowInc watch lume. One of Dave Murphy's bezels and a Seiko 'Mil-Sub' insert. Topped off with a Seiko Style OD Green military two piece band. The only thing I'm missing is the black leather Bund Pad that will go underneath. I got the idea from the thread titled "Vostok 50 Fathom"...so the original idea isn't mine, but I liked it A LOT! So tell me what you think ladies and gents!

al358, Mister Mike, jxl and 5 others like this.
    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said "....I drank what?"

"I have too many damn watches".....said no one on the WUS Russian Forum ever...

Re: I would like to present my version of the Vostok Amphibian 'Mil-Spec' Watch

The bead blasting came out great! I noticed the 4 o'clock lume dot is off center and the 8 o'clock one looks smudged? Is that just me? The strap looks pretty good with it as well, although with all the black going along with it, I wonder if a black strap wouldn't go with it better. The hands are meaty, but not overpowering, they match it very well. All in all, it looks great!
    I'll make a soldier's decision to fly away. Load my gun, paint my face, call me misery. I can see the sky light up and the ground explode
    Got my sights locked in, I can see you breathe. Then I watched you fall and somebody scream. It's the saddest thing when angels fly away.
    Got a badge for my scars just the other day. Wore it proud for the sake of my sanity. I could see the flames burn bright from the winding road

Quote Originally Posted by marty0341 View Post
    The bead blasting came out great! I noticed the 4 o'clock lume dot is off center and the 8 o'clock one looks smudged? Is that just me? The strap looks pretty good with it as well, although with all the black going along with it, I wonder if a black strap wouldn't go with it better. The hands are meaty, but not overpowering, they match it very well. All in all, it looks great!
    Nope, you're not missing anything, I just coated over the existing lume dots....so that's the way they came from the factory. A black strap would go just as well, it's be a matter of personal choice, I just happen to be an OD Green fan! Thanks for the nice comments Marty, much appreciated!

Nothing wrong with OD, my walls are painted OD :p
    JRMTactical likes this.
    I'll make a soldier's decision to fly away. Load my gun, paint my face, call me misery. I can see the sky light up and the ground explode
    Got my sights locked in, I can see you breathe. Then I watched you fall and somebody scream. It's the saddest thing when angels fly away.
    Got a badge for my scars just the other day. Wore it proud for the sake of my sanity. I could see the flames burn bright from the winding road

13 years in the Army...I still bleed OD Green, and cry like a baby when I see a Drill Sergeant! LOL!!

Speaking of Drill Instructors. Here's a story from a few years back, I had just graduated Boot Camp on Parris Island, SC and made it through ITB and made it to my unit. The next week I thought I was seeing things when my kill hat walked by grinning from ear to ear staring at me. I could have sworn it was just a hallucination, but then he came up an hour later and said that he was my new Platoon Sergeant, oh the joys . . .
    JRMTactical likes this.

Oh man, that had to be awesome! NOT! I had a 'short' relationship with a young woman while I was in Germany, I got CONUS orders to Ft. Polk, La. When I reported to my unit, I had to go to the HQ and do my paperwork where I was introduced to the Command Sergeant Major....my little 'fling's' FATHER. I could not wait to get the hell out of there! LOL!!
    marty0341 likes this.

I think it looks awesome, congratulations
    JRMTactical likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by al358 View Post
    I think it looks awesome, congratulations
    Thank you!!

Looks superb, would like to have a bead blast done to one of mine one day. I'm looking forward to seeing yours on a black bund, as that would be my choice also.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information