WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Meranom (www.meranom.com)?

6K views 23 replies 18 participants last post by  pwalsh21 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have ordered 2 (two) Vostok Watches from meranom on 31 December 2011, but until today, i havent received it. i have ordered two watch bands from two Ukraine based Ebay sellers on 15-Jan-2012, and i already received it. Does it took so long to ship item to Jakarta-Indonesia from Russia rather than Ukraine?

Anyway this is my order email:
Thank your for interest in Meranom products. Your order has been received and will be processed once payment has been confirmed.

Order ID: 1753
Date Ordered: 31/12/2011
Order Status: Processing

Products:
1x Amphibian Classic 710382 (710382) $66.19
1x Partner 311893 (311893) $62.06

Totals:
Sub-Total: $128.24
Free Shipping: $0.00
Coupon (-5%) : -$6.41
Total: $121.83

To view your order click on the link below:
Account Login- Vostok watch -

Please reply to this email if you have any questions.
Best Regards"

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
If you used Paypal, I would put a claim in before you past the 40 days you have.

E-mail meranon and tell them that you're going to file a claim with paypal if you don't hear from them in a day

If you didn't use Paypal, then never mind :)

#15 · (Edited by Moderator)
If you used Paypal, I would put a claim in before you past the 40 days you have.

E-mail meranon and tell them that you're going to file a claim with paypal if you don't hear from them in a day

If you didn't use Paypal, then never mind :)
Well, thank you for your advice man. Im about to do it 'till i saw the meranom's reply:
Its now more than 40 days since my payment has been done, i guess i have to believe with what meranom said.
Good faith in you meranom.

Dear Batara!
Why you have not communicated directly with us (e-mail etc.)?
On our site we have informed everything that the factory does not work till January, 19th. But because of a considerable quantity of the orders which have collected during vacation, delivery of watches from factory has been detained for a week.
As soon as we have received watches from factory, we have added the information on shipment for your order on our site, and you should receive all information on it (tracking number).
Thank you for your reply Sir.
And no, there was no information about pre-19th January off-schedule.
But i do hope that i will receive the watch, i really love vostok!!
Best Regards"

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
Dear Batara!
Why you have not communicated directly with us (e-mail etc.)?
On our site we have informed everything that the factory does not work till January, 19th. But because of a considerable quantity of the orders which have collected during vacation, delivery of watches from factory has been detained for a week.
As soon as we have received watches from factory, we have added the information on shipment for your order on our site, and you should receive all information on it (tracking number).

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
Meranom,

I do understand the new year and christmas holidays, along with the somewhat slow service of Russian Post; for some reason when I send out of Australia it is really fast to arrive, but it is always the opposite going the other way round, especially from Europe. So I am still waiting for my item from you to arrive as well, but not feeling too stressed of course.

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
"Notoriously slow Russian postal service" eh?
Well add to that notoriously slow Indonesian customs - they regularly hold my stuff for up to 3 weeks.

@batara: as a rule of thumb, things in envelopes (bubble wrap, bag, etc) get through quickly and sometimes uninspected. Boxes (especially watches!!!) get thoroughly checked. Expect a 30% duty hit on watches.

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
I'd just like to second joseff regarding Indonesian customs. I posted some medals to Indonesia several months ago & they were delayed by 3 weeks at customs, because I put them in a box instead of a bubble envelope. It's the same with Singapore.
Russian post is notoriously slow & unpredictable, however in defence of Почта России I understand approx. 80% of all outgoing post goes via Moscow & there is always a massive log jam there. I'm in the UK at the moment & delivery times from Russia vary between 8 days & 4 weeks.
Please be patient batara, I'm sure your watches will arrive soon. I imagine they've stopped at Kazan & Moscow along the way & many Russians had 8-10 days holiday for New Year.

#16 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thank you Sir now im counting to nearly 2 month since the purchased date, no offense to Russian's postal office, but ours is worst too.

I ordered a pipe from CANADA in MAY, 2011. I live in Arkansas (hint: we're on the same CONTINENT--we SHARE a BORDER!!) Reputable company, so much so, that they gave me $25.00 to spend in their store as a pacifier. I still haven't seen squat, yet....supposedly they've shipped a replacement....luckily I'm not pissed off too bad...and my passport is expired. :)
Thats called a Perfect after-sales-service!! Nice.

It would be a common courtesy to asked them directly via email, before you make a post titled like this, poor form IMHO.
i have mailed them days before i post this thread and havent got any answer even after i post this thread.

Well i would be more than happy to ask the moderator to close/delete this thread once its solved.

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
I ordered a pipe from CANADA in MAY, 2011. I live in Arkansas (hint: we're on the same CONTINENT--we SHARE a BORDER!!) Reputable company, so much so, that they gave me $25.00 to spend in their store as a pacifier. I still haven't seen squat, yet....supposedly they've shipped a replacement....luckily I'm not pissed off too bad...and my passport is expired. :)

#20 ·
I'm scratching my head trying to figure out what's wrong here. My Soviet-made (fully mechanical) rudeness meter failed to register even the faintest reading on this post!

I'm enjoying the informative discussion... Please let's continue in the Russian watch forum decorum that I cherish.

#22 ·
As a matter of fact, with "in America", our friend has possibly meant in Guatemala, Brasil or Chile. Or perhaps America in the Netherlands? From a purely legal point of view!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.