My Latest Albatross
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By art1118

Thread: My Latest Albatross

-->

My Latest Albatross

Just arrived. I put it on a NATO for the photo, but not sure if it will stay. I have only one NATO (how many watches can you wear at one time?) that I alternate with several watches! I got this watch in a lot of 5, the only Russian. According to seller, "the russian one seems to run, messed up when yyou unscrew the crown and try to wind and set the time." Nothing wrong with it! Love to buy from these sellers! Got a worthless one, two Swiss made (including a chrono with a loose second hand, and a mechanical diver with a Japanese movement. What I paid for all five was about what one would pay for the Albatross.

Name:  W1.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  144.4 KB
    Mister Mike likes this.

The Valley of Death, but I fear no evil for I am the meanest SOB in The Valley

Re: My Latest Albatross

Great buy!! It's also possible you might sell the other watches and recoup if not increase your investment....

I also get Monty Python on the brain, ya know. "Albatross!!"
    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said "....I drank what?"

"I have too many damn watches".....said no one on the WUS Russian Forum ever...

Any idea what the symbol on the watch signifies. I saw something similar on another dial that celebrates 1945 WWII Victory. Is this what it means?

Looks like its in good health!

wood

Quote Originally Posted by JRMTactical View Post
    Great buy!! It's also possible you might sell the other watches and recoup if not increase your investment....

I also get Monty Python on the brain, ya know. "Albatross!!"
    One watch is junk, three are with my watchmaker to see if they can be repaired, and the Albatross goes into my collection! If the three can be repaired at a reasonable, I will put them on eBay.

Thread Information