Thread: Need some advice/information about Strelas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need some advice/information about Strelas

Hi,

Looking at adding a Russian watch to my collection. I have been eyeing this one.

Russian POLJOT WATCH STRELA SHTURMANSKIE CHRONOGRAPH | eBay

Does anyone else own one of these? From what I researched so far the watch is a remake of the first watch worn in space (reminds me of a Russian Speedmaster). The price seems a bit much. Would appreciate any information/experience/opinions.

Thanks!

Re: Need some advice/information about Strelas

Strelas are beautiful indeed, good choice! That is too expensive though. Look around a bit, try searching 'poljot24' for example.

Here's mine, and I love it

Name:  IMG_2061.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  269.7 KB

Brand new for 718 USD at Vostok-watches.com, available here Russian watches Vostok Europe, Poljot, Aviator, Buran, Sturmanskie, Denissov, Vostok, Molnija

The Valley of Death, but I fear no evil for I am the meanest SOB in The Valley

TARQUIN!!!!! Quit posting this stuff! Mine hasn't made it in yet and I'm jealous!!!
    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said "....I drank what?"

"I have too many damn watches".....said no one on the WUS Russian Forum ever...

Thanks for the info. I will check out ​Vostok-watches.com. TARQUIN great pic. Very NICE. Ill be ordering one but probably in the white bigger dial. Has anyone had to ever service theirs? If so was there any hurdles?

Quote Originally Posted by JRMTactical View Post
    TARQUIN!!!!! Quit posting this stuff! Mine hasn't made it in yet and I'm jealous!!!

I am also on tenterhooks waiting for your Strela to land. Firstly, I am looking fowrard to hearing your thoughts on it and second it will give me yet another opportunity to post a picture of mine!

Quote Originally Posted by Tarquin View Post
    I am also on tenterhooks waiting for your Strela to land. Firstly, I am looking fowrard to hearing your thoughts on it and second it will give me yet another opportunity to post a picture of mine!
    You know, I bought that Omega style mesh bracelet to go with my original purchase of the Poljot Traveller (the Poljot, you remember, ended up broken). I kind of want to put the mesh on the new Komandirskie I have coming, as I don't really feel it matches the 'elegance' of the Strela. Leather matches the Strela better, IMHO (your pic plays a large part in that decision.) So, methinks a Bund will be ordered for the Strela.....

Strela

Bracelet

Komandirskie

What do you think?

You know, I bought that Omega style mesh bracelet to go with my original purchase of the Poljot Traveller (the Poljot, you remember, ended up broken). I kind of want to put the mesh on the new Komandirskie I have coming, as I don't really feel it matches the 'elegance' of the Strela. Leather matches the Strela better, IMHO (your pic plays a large part in that decision.) So, methinks a Bund will be ordered for the Strela.....

What do you think?
    I wholly agree. The mesh should go just right with the Komandirskie. I have just received a new ministry 'dude' (similar I guess) this morning and I am considering a mesh for that since it has 22mm lugs. The two round cased dudes that came with it will probably go on bunds. (Check back later for custom versions!)

You are right about the Strela, very elegant on the wrist and leather suits it 100%. I personally wouldn't consider any other strap for it. The rounded bund pad below gives it a lovely frame and sets off the steel case and all in it has a real presence.

Well, Tarquin, I believe that is what I'm going to do....I've been looking through different Bund Straps this morning to find one I like.

You know, I bought that Omega style mesh bracelet to go with my original purchase of the Poljot Traveller (the Poljot, you remember, ended up broken). I kind of want to put the mesh on the new Komandirskie I have coming, as I don't really feel it matches the 'elegance' of the Strela. Leather matches the Strela better, IMHO (your pic plays a large part in that decision.) So, methinks a Bund will be ordered for the Strela.....What do you think?
    I'm not sure about the newer version of the Komandirskie, but the old ones had 18 mm lugs; Strela should have 19 mm lugs. You may have to do some surgery to make it fit if it fit the Strela perfectly...

I wholly agree. The mesh should go just right with the Komandirskie. I have just received a new ministry 'dude' (similar I guess) this morning and I am considering a mesh for that since it has 22mm lugs. The two round cased dudes that came with it will probably go on bunds. (Check back later for custom versions!)
    I have mesh on my ministry 'Dude and I love it. It's the first metal band I've ever had that I truly loved (except for my stainless Zim band). Infinitely flexible, light, and nice-looking.

You are right about the Strela, very elegant on the wrist and leather suits it 100%. I personally wouldn't consider any other strap for it. The rounded bund pad below gives it a lovely frame and sets off the steel case and all in it has a real presence.
    I'm a bund convert, and I'd put one on every watch I have if possible. I'll avoid it for my Strela, though, because I got a heavy pebbled leather band with white stitching that looks GREAT with it and is massively comfortable (had to shave it from 20 mm to 19 mm, though). I'd also consider a similar band, but notched down from 22 mm (might dwarf the watch, though), or even heavy-padded calfskin if I was going more elegant with the watch--and a Strela can look very elegant indeed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information