new banners for all who likes - Page 2
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: new banners for all who likes

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Re: new banners for all who likes

Quote Originally Posted by Vaurien View Post
    Fine work! Thank you very much!
    I feel expecially attracted by Gagarin's banners. He was such a fine boy!
    Cara Anna! Look at this nice woman on the photos. This is Elena Gagarina, Yuri Gagarin’s daughter. As you see, she is the very image of his father. Vladimir Putin appointed her Director of Kremlin museums. The date of appointment is April 12, 2001.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino33 View Post
    How about a Volmax logo that incorporates the 3 brands in cyrillic? Just an idea. I was planning to make one when I had some spare time but you seem to be pretty good at it.
    I tried to do something. Is it a go?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Silversen; May 14th, 2010 at 09:53.

Quote Originally Posted by jefnando View Post
    Thanks for doing this. It'll be the best if you can make this a sticky thread!
    Done.
    Hidden Content
    On WUS since 2002 - Russian Watch Forum moderator from 2005 to 2012

Quote Originally Posted by michele View Post
    Done.
    Thanks! now i know where to look for banners as i increase my collection!
    "Life is more than just a sum of the 6 senses" - Jefnando

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Seele View Post
    Nice work Silversen! I know it is easy to work on a larger scale, but what looks good full-screen can look awful when shrunk to small size.

You are also right in saying that those who like Russian watches are more confident, not feeling a need to conform to others' values. Otherwise everybody in the world would be wearing Rolex watches! I feel that on average we are a lot more aware of, and appreciative of the history, engineering, heritage, and generally the inner workings than average too.
    G`day, Seele!

Thank you and our colleagues for appreciation. :thanks

But I’d like to ask you an interesting for me question just out of curiosity:
    What is your nationality: Scottish, Irish, Welsh or other?
    Why am I asking?
    I’m just interested in history, especially the history of Indo-European peoples. I’ve found some facts showing a close relation between ancient Russian and Scottish people.

And one more thing:
    Is it a good wish for an Aussie man:
    Have a nice day, but don't drink with the flies!
    Last edited by Silversen; May 14th, 2010 at 15:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Silversen View Post
    G`day, Seele!

Thank you and our colleagues for appreciation. :thanks

But I’d like to ask you an interesting for me question just out of curiosity:
    What is your nationality: Scottish, Irish, Welsh or other?
    Why am I asking?
    I’m just interested in history, especially the history of Indo-European peoples. I’ve found some facts showing a close relation between ancient Russian and Scottish people.

And one more thing:
    Is it a good wish for an Aussie man:
    Have a nice day, but don't drink with the flies!
    Hi Silversen,

I moved to Australia in late '87 and have been naturalized as Australian ever since. While genetically mostly of Chinese stock I never felt at ease with that culture even as a small child. The period I spent living in the UK prior to relocating to Australia was nice enough, but by-and-large Sydney is good too. There is a funny thing about Australia: on one hand there's the old native culture dating back a million years, if not more, and on the other hand the imported culture which has only been around for two centuries, especially the large-scale immigration after WWII which gave vibrancy and colours to the country, but there's not a lot of the kind of old-worldy things
    that I am accustomed to like those in Europe. When all is said and done, I guess we are meant to choose what we want - and need to be, right?

Hi Silversen,

I moved to Australia in late '87 and have been naturalized as Australian ever since. While genetically mostly of Chinese stock I never felt at ease with that culture even as a small child. The period I spent living in the UK prior to relocating to Australia was nice enough, but by-and-large Sydney is good too. There is a funny thing about Australia: on one hand there's the old native culture dating back a million years, if not more, and on the other hand the imported culture which has only been around for two centuries, especially the large-scale immigration after WWII which gave vibrancy and colours to the country, but there's not a lot of the kind of old-worldy things
    that I am accustomed to like those in Europe. When all is said and done, I guess we are meant to choose what we want - and need to be, right?
    Of course, yeah!

I have been always wondered how the fate gives orders to human beings and define their destiny.
    Another thing is also striking me how some ideas, for example collecting Russian watches, tie so many people of different nationality and color. Those ideas unite them and we clearly understand that any other ideas such as racism become irrelevant and silly. As for me, I respect Chinese people for their hardworking and unpretentiousness. Those people have a great wonderful ancient history.
    And to say more, China is a reliable ally of Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Silversen View Post
    Of course, yeah!

I have been always wondered how the fate gives orders to human beings and define their destiny.
    Another thing is also striking me how some ideas, for example collecting Russian watches, tie so many people of different nationality and color. Those ideas unite them and we clearly understand that any other ideas such as racism become irrelevant and silly. As for me, I respect Chinese people for their hardworking and unpretentiousness. Those people have a great wonderful ancient history.
    And to say more, China is a reliable ally of Russia.
    Silversen,

It is getting quite OT here now...

The Chinese as a people sharing genetics, Chinese as a collective psyche, Chinese as the people in China, and China as a sovereign state, are totally different things. Even the "font" one uses for writing is a declaration of how one sees himself within this quagmire, so it is actually somewhat dangerous for one outside this sphere to comment too much; that's what I feel I need to point out.

Historically China has been at odds with Russia, the period after the establishment of the Republic saw some easing of tension, and after the communist takeover, mainland China and the USSR were best buddies, after Kruzchev took over and then they became deadly enemies. Until very recently, mainland China still revered Stalin as one of the greatest men ever, perhaps it still does, but not quite as overt as before.

But of course the ROC in Taiwan is sort of out of this whole loop altogether!

Silversen,

It is getting quite OT here now...

The Chinese as a people sharing genetics, Chinese as a collective psyche, Chinese as the people in China, and China as a sovereign state, are totally different things. Even the "font" one uses for writing is a declaration of how one sees himself within this quagmire, so it is actually somewhat dangerous for one outside this sphere to comment too much; that's what I feel I need to point out.

Historically China has been at odds with Russia, the period after the establishment of the Republic saw some easing of tension, and after the communist takeover, mainland China and the USSR were best buddies, after Kruzchev took over and then they became deadly enemies. Until very recently, mainland China still revered Stalin as one of the greatest men ever, perhaps it still does, but not quite as overt as before.

But of course the ROC in Taiwan is sort of out of this whole loop altogether!

You`re right; it`s OT.
    I`m aware of those facts you mentioned.
    Anyway thanks! :thanks

It`s nice to know you better.

Hallo, Silversen!
    May I ask you, could I export some of your fine banners, to be used in an italian Forum?

Moderators, is it ok?

Thanks all
    Russian watches were designed to be maintained in the field by an agricultural worker using nothing but a hammer, a sickle, and some tractor grease... (phd)

My flickr watches: Hidden Content

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information