New Vostok Amfibia serie 2017 - Page 5
Like Tree131Likes

Thread: New Vostok Amfibia serie 2017

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Re: New Vostok Amfibia serie 2017

Hey guys,the Amfibias that were showing out of stock appear to be back up for pre order again
    Danilao and SubCapt_BNC like this.
    Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you. ~Carl Sandburg Hidden Content

This Ebay listing just popped up for a blue NOS Amfibia Seaman which must have been from a release quite a few years ago.

Priced below what the new release Amfibia's are, so it would be a good pickup for someone.

Cheers

vostok amphibia Seaman Watch Ruso. | eBay

Name:  s-l1600.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  632.8 KB
    cuthbert and joecool like this.
    Hidden Content

--The Watch Slayer--
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by joecool View Post
    Hey guys,the Amfibias that were showing out of stock appear to be back up for pre order again
    Indeed.

Nineteen new models in the regular range appear for pre-sale on Meranom.
    One of them goes "out of stock".
    A couple of FOMO-meters reach peak levels.
    Two days later, said model is back on preorder.

I take it Meranom must have ordered a quota of each to cover the preorders on the site, reached that quota on the full-lume Reef, and therefore had to check with the factory if more could be had. Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by cuthbert View Post
    Unlike the K34 and K39 these appears to be hot items,
    Well, the K 39 indeed did not sell out quickly, but as far as I remember the PVD lume dial GMT K-34 also went out of stock quite quickly on Meranom when it was first released 18 months or so ago. And then reappeared withn days, and is still available (granted, on sale, which may mean those are the last few).

the fact they already are out of stock proves that.
    One out of nineteen new models went out of stock for two days on one web site. As I pointed out before, other websites are already taking pre-oerders, and it can safely be expected that they will appear on further websites and on eBay when they're finally released and readily available.

Do you really think Vostok would introduce new models in their regular range without having enough parts to face demand ?
    Again: these are no SEs, which are made for a niche market by one dealer, but integral part of Vostok's regular range.
    Vostok may have trouble assembling them fast enough to cope with demand during the launch period (as I understand it, their workforce is not huge), but the quantities planned no doubt are much larger than SE batches.

So, like the SEs that are officially still in production.
    Well, Meranom, as I understand it, is a very small company who have to manage their cashflow carefully and simply cannot just order new parts at will. Some of the previous ones have been assembled and sold before they can go into the next. Not unlike watch microbrands, actually.
    Besides I'd suspect that Vostok legitimately give priority to their regular range, and mostly assemble special orders such as the SEs when they have spare capacity.

Cheers !
    Last edited by SubCapt_BNC; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:32.

Quote Originally Posted by SubCapt_BNC View Post
    Do you really think Vostok would introduce new models in their regular range without having enough parts to face demand ?
    They did.

NVCh-30.

They did.

NVCh-30.
    Nope, sorry.

Google it. NVCh-30 was a one-off, limited edition, a russian watch forum project in collaboration with Meranom. Pretty much the same as an SE, even if it was not sold as such.
    Again: not part of the regular Vostok range. Unlike those new Amfibias.

Point is, Meranom and Vostok are separate entities with completely different ways to rganise production, although it is clear enough that they collaborate closely.
    The way Meranom works is very small series, just in time, one after the other. Really just like a microbrand. Small quantities, short cycles.

On the other hand, Vostok plan their range like a regular manufacturer, in larger series, as they have to cater not for one website, but their whole distribution network, both online and brick-and-mortar. Which may explain why this new Amfibia range took so long to appear (as far as I've found information about it, the previous Reef, Scubas, Red Sea and Black Sea, were first released in 2008 or so). Large quantities, long cycles.

Indeed, one has to be quick whenever SEs - and every other limited series, forum projets etc. - surface. Which is why Meranom now come up with clear notifications of the day and time they will go on sale, which I do really appreciate a lot.

But as far as the regular Vostok range goes, well... don't panic, these just won't vanish within a couple of hours.

Quote Originally Posted by SubCapt_BNC View Post

On the other hand, Vostok plan their range like a regular manufacturer, in larger series, as they have to cater not for one website, but their whole distribution network, both online and brick-and-mortar. Which may explain why this new Amfibia range took so long to appear (as far as I've found information about it, the previous Reef, Scubas, Red Sea and Black Sea, were first released in 2008 or so). Large quantities, long cycles.
    Again, you are wrong, the original Amfibia line entered in production in 2008 with the original 1967 and at that time nobody wanted them because a lot of people thought they were too expensive, not too much "Russian looking", and too modern for the taste of the time.

They were NEVER made in huge quantities, the 1967 was released in bigger numbers, that is one of the reason why they are somewhat rare today to find used. Now people don't have a problem spending $200 for a Vostok, at that time it wasn't like that.

I have an Amfibia Scuba bought from Meranom in 2011, one of the first purchases from that shop, and I clearly remember the discussions made at that time about the Amfibia.

Having said that at the time Vostok was still a large company, today according to Meranom the company delivers watches in small batches, 20 or 25, so my message is "if there is an Amfibia that you like grab it when you can".
    Last edited by cuthbert; 4 Weeks Ago at 22:11.
    mariomart likes this.

Now Now children,play nice!
    All new thangs from Meranom and Boctok are all good if ya like em
    If not, dinnae buy them,....nuff said
    Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you. ~Carl Sandburg Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by joecool View Post
    If not, dinnae buy them,....nuff said
    It's always funny when Chrome offers to translate English to English Thanks joecool
    joecool, SubCapt_BNC and sideways2 like this.
    Hidden Content

--The Watch Slayer--
    Hidden Content

(...) today according to Meranom the company delivers watches in small batches, 20 or 25, so my message is "if there is an Amfibia that you like grab it when you can".
    If you prefer seeing things that way, don't mind me. Whatever floats your boat.

Yet: the fact that Vostok's worforce is reduced compared to times past, and that they therefore only can deliver finished watches in smaller batches, is no definitive proof that the total number of pieces of the production run is going to be small. In particular we don't know if the planning of that production run, overall, is either concentrated over a short time or spread over a longer period. IMHO a smaller workforce makes the latter more likely.
    Point being: Vostok seem - especially for those models that rely on outsourced parts - to be working from a sizeable stock of those parts, which they assemble into watches over a longer period (a year or so, possibly ?), as and when their production plan - and possible bottlenecks such as production of movements - allows.
    The way some K-34s for example, went out of stock and then back in stock a couple of times over the past 12-18 months IMHO rather points in that direction. My bet therefore is it's what we're going to see happen with at least some of the new Amfibias.

But that's only my interpretation, and clear, documented facts from the source would of course be much better.
    joecool likes this.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information