The new Vostok Amphibia SE. - Page 11
Like Tree5190Likes

Thread: The new Vostok Amphibia SE.

Page 11 of 282 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Re: The new Vostok Amphibia SE.

Ggrrrrr no black bezel ones!!! I'll have to wait some more.

I just checked the tracking number on mine from Meranom and it has just been released from Russian customs today so I should have it soon. Been playing with mine today and I am impressed with the straps. The Nato and the rubber are good quality. My next 420 should come with the Vostok mesh and I cant wait to try. It would be great to have one of each model but I would need to sell a few watches first! I think I still love my black bezel 420 the most. Well for today anyway.
    Name:  100_3587_zps37296911.jpg
Views: 2670
Size:  127.1 KB

Name:  100_3593_zps645a0712.jpg
Views: 2607
Size:  104.8 KB

Name:  100_3602_zps9ebb421f.jpg
Views: 2594
Size:  94.6 KB

Name:  100_3608_zps234dd9b3.jpg
Views: 2549
Size:  86.6 KB
    meranom, timanthes, James_ and 4 others like this.
    The president of the awesome watch owners club. A.W.O.C.

Hidden Content

I too plan on joining the AWOC club. As soon as I am lucky enough to find a 110 in stock.
    Horologic and lucky watch like this.
    Just a few Vostocks, Seikos, PO, Marathon, G Shock, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by chemdude View Post
    I too plan on joining the AWOC club. As soon as I am lucky enough to find a 110 in stock.
    Look forward to seeing your pictures.

Hidden Content

This weekend, I got to join the AWOC club, picking up a 100-case Amphibian SE. Sorry for the lack of pics, but for a quick review: I'm seriously impressed.

I love the 100-style case. Full without being overwhelming. Feels really solid.
    Hey look-- a white-on-black date window! How many affordables do we see with a black face and a stupid black on white date. Everyone complains, but not here!
    The bezel insert seems really sharp. My bezel turns very easily (so I think I have to replace the spring with one of Bobby's handmade bezel springs) but that's a small annoyance.
    I'm usually one for a textured dial, with patterns or applied numerals or indices, or anything to give it depth and texture, but the dial is really striking here. It seems very clean and well-printed. I noticed no flaws. Lume seems a little weak, but probably better than my Scuba Dude.
    I love that the watches were sold with rubber, or NATO, or mesh, since so many Vostok bracelets are throwaway. This is a serious, heavy-duty Nato. The brushed, rounded keepers are stitched in, and the nylon is super thick. It's not the most flexible nylon I've ever encountered, and all parts of the strap feel stiff, but it's way better than getting some cheap piece of plastic or folded metal that falls apart when you look at it funny. (It is sad that the NATO covers up the awesome custom case back. But it's a small price to pay.)

From others pictures, I couldn't tell if the second hand on this particular model was red or orange. As you can see from my sweater, it's not particularly red, but it's not particularly orange, either. I think you could get away with either red or orange straps, and it would probably look OK.

I have a couple more straps coming from Crown & Buckle, including a bond-style black/olive nato and a heavy duty khaki, both of which I think will look really awesome.
    I'm also considering a bezel from pers or Dave Murphy + a deep red bezel insert to create a Black Bay-type look, though I don't really want to mess with the style I've got...

All-in-all, I give Meranom and Vostok an A. This one really is a step up for them, and not at a huge step up in price!
    DM71, meranom, JRMTactical and 7 others like this.

- Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
    Current collection:
    Omega Seamaster 2255.80 "Electric Blue" | Mercer Airfoil | Christopher Ward C60 600 White Trident | Poljot Journey Chronograph | Mido Multifort | Lew & Huey Acionna | Seiko 6139-7100 "Darth Vader Helmet" | Prometheus Jellyfish Yellow | Ventus Mori Brass Diver 300m | Deaumar Ensign | Citizen NY0040-9 | Bulova Langford 6B159 | Bulova UHF Military 96B229 | Raketa "Big Zero"

Quote Originally Posted by Perdendosi View Post
    This weekend, I got to join the AWOC club, picking up a 100-case Amphibian SE. Sorry for the lack of pics, but for a quick review: I'm seriously impressed.

I love the 100-style case. Full without being overwhelming. Feels really solid.
    Hey look-- a white-on-black date window! How many affordables do we see with a black face and a stupid black on white date. Everyone complains, but not here!
    The bezel insert seems really sharp. My bezel turns very easily (so I think I have to replace the spring with one of Bobby's handmade bezel springs) but that's a small annoyance.
    I'm usually one for a textured dial, with patterns or applied numerals or indices, or anything to give it depth and texture, but the dial is really striking here. It seems very clean and well-printed. I noticed no flaws. Lume seems a little weak, but probably better than my Scuba Dude.
    I love that the watches were sold with rubber, or NATO, or mesh, since so many Vostok bracelets are throwaway. This is a serious, heavy-duty Nato. The brushed, rounded keepers are stitched in, and the nylon is super thick. It's not the most flexible nylon I've ever encountered, and all parts of the strap feel stiff, but it's way better than getting some cheap piece of plastic or folded metal that falls apart when you look at it funny. (It is sad that the NATO covers up the awesome custom case back. But it's a small price to pay.)

From others pictures, I couldn't tell if the second hand on this particular model was red or orange. As you can see from my sweater, it's not particularly red, but it's not particularly orange, either. I think you could get away with either red or orange straps, and it would probably look OK.

I have a couple more straps coming from Crown & Buckle, including a bond-style black/olive nato and a heavy duty khaki, both of which I think will look really awesome.
    I'm also considering a bezel from pers or Dave Murphy + a deep red bezel insert to create a Black Bay-type look, though I don't really want to mess with the style I've got...

All-in-all, I give Meranom and Vostok an A. This one really is a step up for them, and not at a huge step up in price!
    Looks awesome man. Welcome to the club. I would like to see the pictures of your new straps.

Hidden Content

Patiently waiting for the 090se to be back in stock. All the picture above are making me drool.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comrade President lucky watch,

Having already been identified (by myself) as an "Awesome Watch Collector" and having bought a Vostok Amphibian SE as pictured below on Dec 8, I wish to be granted membership in the A.W.O.C.

Respectfully

Last edited by schnurrp; December 10th, 2013 at 15:45.

Quote Originally Posted by schnurrp View Post
    Well, the 555 bezel seems to a homage to a bezel used at least in the old swivel lug 350s. But is there an obvious prototype for this dial among old Vostoks? The other dial, with the blakc bezel (333) is fairly obvious (at least to one that has one of those, such as I).

Topi

Quote Originally Posted by Topi View Post
    Well, the 555 bezel seems to a homage to a bezel used at least in the old swivel lug 350s. But is there an obvious prototype for this dial among old Vostoks? The other dial, with the blakc bezel (333) is fairly obvious (at least to one that has one of those, such as I).

Topi
    Topi, when buying this new Vostok watch (my first one) "authenticity" never entered my mind, which was refreshing. Reflecting, I guess the closest vintage amphibian would be the 300m type 350, without the swing lugs of course. I chose the stainless steel bezel because this was the detail on vintage amphibians (chrome-plated brass bezel) that had always irritated me a little.

Cheers!

Page 11 of 282 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread Information