The new Vostok Amphibia SE. - Page 35
Like Tree5191Likes

Thread: The new Vostok Amphibia SE.

Page 35 of 282 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 85 135 ... LastLast

Re: The new Vostok Amphibia SE.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky watch View Post
    Could someone translate the text on the case back, please?

Thx!
    ~ Daniel ~

Quote Originally Posted by DM71 View Post
    Could someone translate the text on the case back, please?

Thx!
    If I'm not mistaken, the text up means "Made in Chistopol, Russia" and in the bottom "By special order". Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

Topi
    DM71 and ObZerver like this.

Thats exactly right.

Quote Originally Posted by Topi View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, the text up means "Made in Chistopol, Russia" and in the bottom "By special order". Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

Topi

Quote Originally Posted by phlebas View Post
    I've just ordered a 100333S, with the chromed second hand. Would have preferred the red second hand, but I wanted a 100333 really, really badly.....

I figured if I didn't like the chromed second hand, I could just buy a red one on t'internet and have it fitted.
    When that photo first got posted I thought it was in Black/White. I'm a bit divided, I love red highlights, maybe they can do some of the text in red? I'm not sure if the reasoning was production or maybe some feedback about the other chromed hands.
    Perdendosi likes this.
    Not as clumsy or as random as a cell phone. An elegant timepiece for a more civilized time.

Newbie here, does anyone know if it's possible to purchase the 420555S with the stainless steel radio room bezel?

Or alternatively, is it possible to purchase the stainless steel radio room bezel separately? (or even alternatively, the 555 dial only)

Thanks!
    lucky watch likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by subrosa View Post
    When that photo first got posted I thought it was in Black/White. I'm a bit divided, I love red highlights, maybe they can do some of the text in red? I'm not sure if the reasoning was production or maybe some feedback about the other chromed hands.
    Actually, I'm pretty sure it is. You can see it's the exact same pictures as the one with red second hand. That's why it doesn't look chromed. Anyway, I'm 99% sure it's the same picture in black and white and i'm happy I grabbed some of the red second hand.
    ~ Daniel ~

Just ask Meranom, they are great people to deal with.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericlaw02 View Post
    Newbie here, does anyone know if it's possible to purchase the 420555S with the stainless steel radio room bezel?

Or alternatively, is it possible to purchase the stainless steel radio room bezel separately? (or even alternatively, the 555 dial only)

Thanks!
    The president of the awesome watch owners club. A.W.O.C.

Hidden Content

I was worried about the chromed second hand but now I want one. Check this out good people of the forum

Name:  chromed.jpg
Views: 879
Size:  52.8 KB
    The president of the awesome watch owners club. A.W.O.C.

Hidden Content

Well all, the two watches that hit my doorstep today were intercepted by my wife. Now she wants a purse. Okay, back to the watch. My first impression of my new 110 with calendar where is awesome!

The likes:

1. Checking out the Russian newspaper that was used as packing material.
    2. The finish of the watch is nice.
    3. Great feel on the wrist.
    4. In person it is not as large as I thought it would be; nonetheless, perfect size.
    5. Love the hands and the look of the bezel.

The dislikes:
    1. I hate the bezel movement is completely useless. I prefer a unidirectional bezel with clicks. If you try using this one it would be too easy to move it and through off your timing.
    2. I want a Neptune SE!

I post pics later.

Cheers
    James_ and lucky watch like this.
    Squale 20 Maxi, CWC RN Diver, Precista PRS-10, Vostok Amphibia SE, Citizen BM6400-Eco & Caravelle 11DP​-1966 & Manchester Watch Works
    DEFENSOR FORTIS ~ You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life. Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Papichulo View Post
    Well all, the two watches that hit my doorstep today were intercepted by my wife. Now she wants a purse. Okay, back to the watch. My first impression of my new 110 with calendar where is awesome!

The dislikes:
    1. I hate the bezel movement is completely useless. I prefer a unidirectional bezel with clicks. If you try using this one it would be too easy to move it and through off your timing.

I post pics later.

Cheers
    Papichulo--
    I noticed the same problem with my 100 SE. The bezel was way too loose. Fortunately, you can fix that, by popping off the bezel and futzing with the bezel wire a bit, or by acquiring or purchasing a replacement wire, which will make the movement of the bezel a bit more stiff. Meranom sells them (and they might send you a replacement if you complain about the bezel action for free if you PM them) and forumer Bobby, aka JRMTactical, made a bunch of them a few months back, and he may be willing to sell one or two for a couple of bucks.

It won't replicate a click bezel, but it should be tense enough that you won't accidentally bump it when you're timing something.

- Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
    Current collection:
    Omega Seamaster 2255.80 "Electric Blue" | Mercer Airfoil | Christopher Ward C60 600 White Trident | Poljot Journey Chronograph | Mido Multifort | Lew & Huey Acionna | Seiko 6139-7100 "Darth Vader Helmet" | Prometheus Jellyfish Yellow | Ventus Mori Brass Diver 300m | Deaumar Ensign | Citizen NY0040-9 | Bulova Langford 6B159 | Bulova UHF Military 96B229 | Raketa "Big Zero"

Page 35 of 282 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 85 135 ... LastLast

Thread Information