The new Vostok Amphibia SE. - Page 37
Like Tree5191Likes

Thread: The new Vostok Amphibia SE.

Page 37 of 282 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 87 137 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 2815
  1. #361
    Member James_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    4,541

    Re: The new Vostok Amphibia SE.

    Quote Originally Posted by Papichulo View Post
    Thank you James.
    Couldn't find the post I was originally thinking of, but found this

    What is the purpose of rotating bezel on Vostok Amphibian KGB watch?

    A guy says something about sea water tightening it.

    Also remember reading about the Seiko monster bezel that it tightens when diving due to the pressure under water. I wonder if this is the same for Vostok dive watches.

    I'm going for a swim in the North Sea tomorrow as it's lovely this time of year, so I'll report back if it tightens the bezel.
    Last edited by James_; January 23rd, 2014 at 21:16.

  2. #362
    Member mrwomble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    617

    Re: The new Vostok Amphibia SE.

    Quote Originally Posted by James_ View Post
    I'm going for a swim in the North Sea tomorrow as it's lovely this time of year, so I'll report back if it tightens the bezel.
    Pics or it didn't happen!!!
    Perdendosi and REDSWAN13 like this.

  3. #363
    Member Papichulo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Carolina Norte
    Posts
    1,037

    Re: The new Vostok Amphibia SE.

    Very interesting. I have a beach view and a five minute walk to beach here in Puerto Rico. I will check it out. Thanks and I look forward to seeing some pics of the North Sea. Sounds cold, but nonetheless beautiful.

    Quote Originally Posted by James_ View Post
    Couldn't find the post I was originally thinking of, but found this

    What is the purpose of rotating bezel on Vostok Amphibian KGB watch?

    A guy says something about sea water tightening it.

    Also remember reading about the Seiko monster bezel that it tightens when diving due to the pressure under water. I wonder if this is the same for Vostok dive watches.

    I'm going for a swim in the North Sea tomorrow as it's lovely this time of year, so I'll report back if it tightens the bezel.
    Squale 20 Maxi, CWC RN Diver, Precista PRS-10, Vostok Amphibia SE, Citizen BM6400-Eco & Caravelle 11DP​-1966 & Manchester Watch Works
    DEFENSOR FORTIS ~ You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life. Sir Winston Churchill


  4. #364
    Member roverguy78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,436

    Re: The new Vostok Amphibia SE.

    Being that the bezel has a wire retainer (instead of a rubber o-ring), I don't see how water of any sort would tighten it up.

  5. #365
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    450

    Re: The new Vostok Amphibia SE.

    Quote Originally Posted by roverguy78 View Post
    Being that the bezel has a wire retainer (instead of a rubber o-ring), I don't see how water of any sort would tighten it up.
    A touch of corrosion or a light salt deposit from sea water helps decrease oversize tolerances.

    Topi
    James_ likes this.

  6. #366
    Member Obscurax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    152

    Re: The new Vostok Amphibia SE.

    Oh dear, oh dear it's here!

    Last edited by Obscurax; January 24th, 2014 at 13:28.
    DM71, James_, MEzz and 4 others like this.
    watches, watches, watches, watches, watches

  7. #367
    Member REDSWAN13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    1,187

    Re: The new Vostok Amphibia SE.

    Took 11 days from Russia, can i join the club ?

    DM71, James_, Perdendosi and 3 others like this.

  8. #368
    Member lucky watch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Shrewsbury England.
    Posts
    1,127

    Re: The new Vostok Amphibia SE.

    Truly awesome. Welcome Redswan13.

    Name:  forceban1.jpg
Views: 879
Size:  138.9 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by REDSWAN13 View Post
    Took 11 days from Russia, can i join the club ?

    The president of the awesome watch owners club. A.W.O.C.

    Hidden Content




  9. #369
    Member captain_hx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    351

    Re: The new Vostok Amphibia SE.

    I recieved mine yersterday after a month in transit from Russia to Cyprus.

    Name:  1601467_263791550446317_815990661_n.jpg
Views: 868
Size:  119.6 KB
    DM71, James_, REDSWAN13 and 2 others like this.

  10. #370
    Member ObZerver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bulgaria/Austria
    Posts
    276

    Re: The new Vostok Amphibia SE.

    For the record: mine took less than a week from Chistopol to Vienna, Austria. Surprisingly fast delivery. Hats off, Russian Post and Meranom.
    James_ likes this.
    STEINHART OCEAN ONE BLACK T0204 | SEIKO SKX779 "Black Monster" | SEIKO Speed-Timer 6138-0030 | TISSOT PRC 200 T17.1.526.52 | ORIENT CEM75002D "Blue Mako XL" | VOSTOK AMPHIBIA 710615 "Sailboat" | Casio DW-5600MS-1 "Military" | Poljot Buran Military Chronograph 3133 "Gold Flieger Chronograph" | Poljot Komandirskie Chronograph 3133 "U-boat" | SQUALE Y1545 "Root Beer"
    and more...

    Collection --> Hidden Content

Page 37 of 282 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 87 137 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •