The new Vostok Amphibia SE. - Page 39
Like Tree5190Likes

Thread: The new Vostok Amphibia SE.

Page 39 of 282 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 89 139 ... LastLast

Re: The new Vostok Amphibia SE.

Love the 100333S - got mine last week

The strap is nice quality and comfortable too.

The backside of the strap is sort of ventilated - good in hot summers.

Although it is called "Silicon anti-dust coated strap" it ATTRACTS dust, so far i know a common problem with silicon.

I will go hunting for a nice diver style rubber or carbon strap, maybe with orange-red stitching matching the second hand.

I like the TSS 'Monaco' Rubber Watchstrap 22mm - and i think red stitching will be the best match:

TSS Scuba Rubber Watchstrap and Rubber Watch Strap Accessories from TSS Watchworx UK

Quote Originally Posted by BizzyC View Post
    I couldn't decide between this watch and the 100333S. I definitely wanted a no date but really struggled between the two cases and the red vs chrome second hand. Went with the 090555...I hope I like it.
    I'm with you man. I too struggled with case decisions, the chrome second hand as well as the date, no date dilemma. I decided to sleep on it. When I woke up several had sold out. This made my decision much easier. *Edit* Anyone have a wrist shot of an SE of any sort with the chrome second hand?
    Last edited by 8trackmind; January 28th, 2014 at 02:10.
    One down, four up.

Quick dirty hp shot after I received mine today.

Took 14 days to reach me in Singapore but well worth the wait.

What I couldn't get used to was the winding style which I came across the first time.

It was like there is some loss of tension after one round of turn then it will resume after every full turn. Is it normal?
    Karsten, DM71, Mecano and 1 others like this.
    Although you can't determine what will happen, but you can choose to do with whatever happened

The scuba dude on the case back is really nice.
    Perdendosi likes this.

Has anyone dropped a Dave Murphy bezel on these yet? I'm assumeing they will "Just work".

I ordered a redish (think Tudor Black Bay) bezel insert from ebay and I think this will look stunning.
    MEzz likes this.
    Not as clumsy or as random as a cell phone. An elegant timepiece for a more civilized time.

Quote Originally Posted by subrosa View Post
    Has anyone dropped a Dave Murphy bezel on these yet? I'm assumeing they will "Just work".

I ordered a redish (think Tudor Black Bay) bezel insert from ebay and I think this will look stunning.
    Because they come with steel bezels already, most have probably not switched the bezels out, but Murphy bezels will indeed fit on all the Classic Amphibia cases.

Name:  vostokred.jpg
Views: 958
Size:  125.1 KB

Obviously not installed, but I wanted to see what everyone thought....the second hand matches decently.

I figure if I use this bezel the lume overall will be better and my steel bezel can be put on my other Vostok.
    MEzz likes this.
    Not as clumsy or as random as a cell phone. An elegant timepiece for a more civilized time.

This came in the mail today (100333S)

Name:  2014-01-30 14.17.25 small.jpeg
Views: 884
Size:  172.7 KB

I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of both the rubber and mesh straps. I'm really looking forward to this getting some wrist time.

I also have a 090333LB on the way (the one with the chrome second hand). I think in the long run, I'll only be able to keep one of them, but I'll sure have fun deciding which one.
    subrosa, DM71, GuessWho and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by subrosa View Post
    Name:  vostokred.jpg
Views: 958
Size:  125.1 KB

Obviously not installed, but I wanted to see what everyone thought....the second hand matches decently.

I figure if I use this bezel the lume overall will be better and my steel bezel can be put on my other Vostok.
    Looks good! I'd say the colours are pretty close too.

Quick shot of the SE I received earlier today. I was planning to switch it to mesh, but ended up doing this instead...

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391124190.653527.jpg
Views: 827
Size:  210.9 KB

Sent from my iPhone using magic.
    Karsten, DM71, Kisifer and 4 others like this.
    |AEVIG|ARAMAR|ARCHIMEDE|BOMBFROG|CASIO|CITIZEN|ENI CAR|F72 Projects|HAMILTON|HELGRAY|HKED|HMT|LEW & HUEY|MAKARA|
    |MARATAC|OBRIS MOGRAN|RAKETA|SEIKO|SKAGEN|SMITHS|STUCKX|TIGER CONCEPTS|TIMEX|VOSTOK|

Page 39 of 282 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 89 139 ... LastLast

Thread Information