The new Vostok Amphibia SE. - Page 7
Like Tree5190Likes

Thread: The new Vostok Amphibia SE.

Page 7 of 282 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Re: The new Vostok Amphibia SE.

Quote Originally Posted by OKEAH View Post
    Better lume definitely. Sapphire I have no use for if it increases the price. There are excellent reasons for acrylic. It will not feel like a BOCTOK. Too neo-capitalist blingy.

It should be kept cheap. It is already selling like hotcakes. Supply should increase.

Quality control in proper assembly and lubrication of the movement is much more important for me, and it has been very problematic with the 2416b recently. I sincerely hope that the SE have better assembled and lubricated movements.

How about a 30 ATM version Comrades? Like the old one whose bezel was adopted in the 555 SE? With THICKKKK crystal? And perhaps a matte case AND bezel? Heavy, tank-like and minimalistic?
    +1000

Better lume definitely. Sapphire I have no use for if it increases the price. There are excellent reasons for acrylic. It will not feel like a BOCTOK. Too neo-capitalist blingy.

It should be kept cheap. It is already selling like hotcakes. Supply should increase.

Quality control in proper assembly and lubrication of the movement is much more important for me, and it has been very problematic with the 2416b recently. I sincerely hope that the SE have better assembled and lubricated movements.

How about a 30 ATM version Comrades? Like the old one whose bezel was adopted in the 555 SE? With THICKKKK crystal? And perhaps a matte case AND bezel? Heavy, tank-like and minimalistic?
    I guess it wouldn't have to be sapphire, just something much more scratch-proof would be fine with me. I'm pretty bad about knocking my watches around sometimes. You're right, a good acrylic would probably be fine without much of a cost increase.

I am well aware that they sell lightning fast. :) What I meant was that I think you could raise the price some more to compensate for the better materials and it wouldn't put people off buying them.

I like your idea for the 30 ATM version.

This might be sacrilege, but I have often fantasized about the 555 dial being sandwiched. I know it would never happen, but thinking about it makes me drool.

Have you had the chance to check the lume of the new paddle hands? It's quite good - I was surprised one night when I could easily tell the time at 4 AM (I really don't like cats to wake me up in the night but it still happens).

Sapphire or mineral glass in Vostok - hmm, ask the owners of the 1967 about that one. Acrylic really is fine.

Topi
    isti, meranom, 10 ATM and 1 others like this.

Acrylic really is fine.Cheap and easy to polish.

Nice lume must be and not complicated or expensive.
    Acrylic domed glass is part of the Amphibian design, as it is supposed that water pressure against the dome makes it ever more waterproof.
    With this SE they have met 3 of my demands: Lume, new caseback and reedition of soviet classic bezels.
    OKEAH and invernomuto like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pato Sentado View Post
    Salted water... I do not know if it was the idea of the designers, but all my Amphibians which had swon in the sea have perfect bezel action...
    Salt water solved the problem, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by isti View Post
    Salt water solved the problem, thank you!
    Thats interesting.

Oh boy, you guys are killing me! I saw this thread too late, they have already sold out the most popular ones. I love the 100 case, only radio room dial left, which I have owned one from the 1990. I think I still want one.
    Cheers,
    RAM

Yeah! That's the way to go!
    Cheers,
    RAM

A couple of 090SE are in stock. Hurry up!

Page 7 of 282 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Thread Information