No more Poljot movements...
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: No more Poljot movements...

-->
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

No more Poljot movements...

Full details here: Newsletter P. Maier GmbH 1-2012

I did search Watchuseek before posting and couldn't find any reference to this. Apologies if the information is already available.

Re: No more Poljot movements...

Yes, Maktime has stopped production and gone bankrupt, so that's the official story from them. Last I heard the equipment was for sale. I'm holding on to the dream that a company like Raketa with big investors can step in and buy the equipment and either renew Poljot as a sub-brand of Raketa, or keep the 31XX series for Raketa chronographs. An unlikely scenario, but maybe one of our Russian friends or someone with industry connections knows more about the current status and/or the fate of the Poljot equipment.

Weezy's a legend -- you can tell by the bottom of my sleeve when you see what's in the bezel

hb5

Yeah, old news. Very sad one as I said many times. I hope too someone will buy that equipment and continue with production. I have a feeling there is big enough demand for Poljot calibers.

Had the email a little while ago as well :(

Really hope that the icon 31... production will restart.
    Still can't understand why Volmax are fitting eta when..... same old story, never know what you've got untill it is no longer available

I thought the production had already stopped before.
    --------------------------------------

From Irina's Russian watches Vostok Europe, Poljot, Aviator, Buran, Sturmanskie, Denissov, Vostok, Molnija

Rumours were circulating, now it is official.

Termination of Poljot watch movements’ production
    At the end of last year we received the official notification about the discontinuation of the Poljot movements´ production. The production was terminated on December 31, 2011. This event has a huge impact worldwide on various watch brands; manufacturers are forcing a drastic price increase and a restructuring of production.
    The further development of the brand Denissov is still unclear.
    The watch brands Aviator, Buran and Sturmanskie: Before the end of production (Poljot watch movements) the Volmax Company purchased considerable amounts of Poljot movements for the stock, however at higher prices. Due to the ever increasing demand, which has developed rapidly, the stock movements will be sufficient only for a very limited production time. However, there are still manufacturer’s, as well as distributors´ watch stocks. Volmax watches are now developing now to rarities and collectables.
    The usual reliable repair service will be guaranteed by us in the future, too because we have a large stock of spare parts. However, we would like to point out that we use spare parts for repairs only and do not offer them for sale.
    Due to the reasons mentioned and general Price Adjustment in the watch industry worldwide, there are some significant price increases for the watch brands we offer.
    Vostok Europe increases prices for Baselworld on average 10%, and depending on some watch models the price change is higher or lower. At the moment, the manufacturer can not provide any exact prices.

Prices for Aviator, Buran and Sturmanskie will be increased by up to 40%. We are able to offer the available stock watches at the old prices. With each new shipment from Moscow the sale prices will be adjusted. For this reason, it is possible that very similar models are offered at different prices. The same is true for the Poljotwatches.

Worth reading: Interesting about price trends in the watch industry is the article "Price Spiral" issue 1/2012 Armbanduhren, which deals with a price-comparison of selected classic watches in the annual Armbanduhren Catalogues 2002 and 2012. Available in German kiosks in German only
    Last edited by emoscambio; February 26th, 2012 at 22:36.

That means that prices of existing stock will rocket high...

I hope the same.
    Sad news!

The Valley of Death, but I fear no evil for I am the meanest SOB in The Valley

Quote Originally Posted by timanthes View Post
    That means that prices of existing stock will rocket high...
    Go do a search for "Poljot" on the 'Bay. I saw a 'plain Jane' Poljot Chronograph for sale in 'Tinseltown' for around $700.00....I'd say prices are already getting ridiculous.

EDIT: not $700.00 BUT $900.00!!!
    Last edited by JRMTactical; February 26th, 2012 at 23:15.
    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said "....I drank what?"

"I have too many damn watches".....said no one on the WUS Russian Forum ever...

Quote Originally Posted by JRMTactical View Post
    Go do a search for "Poljot" on the 'Bay. I saw a 'plain Jane' Poljot Chronograph for sale in 'Tinseltown' for around $700.00....I'd say prices are already getting ridiculous.

EDIT: not $700.00 BUT $900.00!!!
    This might not end well, people could just switch to vostoks....no one would want to invest resurrecting maktime after that...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information