WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Okeah not-so-final edition??

17K views 31 replies 15 participants last post by  Chascomm 
#1 · (Edited)
So we thought we bought a "final edition" Okeah, eh? Kind of stinks, if you ask me...then again, if you really wanted one and missed out, here's your chance, you'll probably think this is great.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

See less See more
#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
No doubt, that´s a very very sad notice.

But:

I WANT TO ADVISE ALL PEOPLE WHO ARE THINKING TO BUY THESE WATCHES:

These watches ARE NOT THE ORIGINAL FINAL EDITION WATCHES MADE BY HdR FORUM in sharing with international forums as WUS, FmR, FdR or Watch.Ru.

These watches ARE A COPY OF OUR WATCHES, NOT ORIGINAL SERIAL NUMBERS AND NOT ORIGINAL BOX, PAPERS.

If you want to buy these watches, ok, just do it, but take for sure it´s not the original OKEAH FINAL EDITION designed & created by HdR / Volmax, and distributed for the whole world by Ancora.

Serial numbers are duplicated, so we´re talking about COPIES, not original numbered pieces.

Just a little thing is driving me happy: To know "how important we are (the Okeah F.E are) for many people in the whole world".

We´ll see "who is behind the scene".

By now, a negative feedback to www.russia2all.com

Greetings from the Okeah F.E team work.

#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
It is not fair to say this should be a negative feedback for Russia2all. We were offered these pieces by Volmax and accepted them. They own the Sturmanskie brand and we are their distributors in North America. How these relate to what business you may have had with them is not our issue. We are offering a legitimate product from the original manufacturer to our customers.

#7 ·
I don't think anyone had a copyright on the original FE watches. I wouldn't be surprised if Volmax didn't make as many as they could to line their pockets. It's called "business," but it certainly devalues the Okeahs members bought on promises. At least the ones offered through the forums were considerably less expensive.

#9 ·
My first question would be... where is this notice coming from? A newsletter? A website? A link?

Second, the notice doesn't say anything about 300 copies. It states that the seller has secured a "small number of the final edition" and "we have only a small number available". A "small number" could mean 1 or 2 or 3!? Who says these are not from the original collection?

Not to be overly skeptical, but some information seems to be missing. Or maybe I'm just missing part of the picture here...

Plus I'd be interested to see where the market really is at $649 / $799.

And not all copies (if they exist) are necessarily "official" exact copies.

#10 ·
Hello...

For the record, these watches were offered to us by Volmax as a one-time offer. We were informed that we could only sell them on our television show - ShopNBC - or in a private email, such as this. Actually, given that this was a private sale sent directly to our customers, we would have preferred it not be placed publicly on the forum like this. It was the reason we created a URL that can't be reached accept only through a link we send directly to a customer.

We have done ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong. These were purchased direct from the manufacturer, as is every watch we sell and we offered a private sale of them.

#16 ·
You need to take this up with Volmax. It is not fair to say this should be a negative feedback for Russia2all. We were offered these pieces by Volmax and accepted them. They own the Sturmanskie brand and we are their distributors in North America. How these relate to what business you may have had with them is not our issue. We are offering a legitimate product from the original manufacturer to our customers.
Thanks for you reply.

But please, read again.
I said: "By now, a negative feedback..."

Now, if you are telling me "I have bought the Okeah F.E watches directly from Volmax", I will find a reply fron them. And if that´s the truth, we will talk about Volmax.

Anyway, you have bought a few watches that YOU KNOW PERFECTLY IT WAS BORN AS A LIMITED EDITION CONCEPT, and you know this pieces you´re buying are COPIES of the original, so... IMHO you´re not a serious seller, or just a seller who find profits jumping over the people who have designed and developed this watch.

I think you STILL have my negative feedback..... and take for sure it´s FOR EVER.

#11 ·
I am supposed to get delivery of one of them bought yesterday by my best Russian friend from a serious normal brick and mortar shop. I should have it next week...

#14 · (Edited)
R2R has a legitimate position if Volmax offered similar merchandise but without the special packaging. The manufacturer has a right to make these available until the cows come home or they run out of movements. El Monitor slipped up on the Valentina project (which cost me time and money) and apparently assumed too much regarding the Okeah deal with Volmax. The watch is still a dandy, though! Personally I will be very skeptical about "specials" offered through forums!
To be clear, we did NOT get any special packaging or certificates. These will come in a standard Sturmanskie box and our normal paperwork. When we agreed to take in these few remaining pieces, we informed Volmax that the only way they would be sold would be through a private link email like this or through our television program. (Of course, they would be listed on Shop NBC's website as well). How this relates to the original program of these watches is not a matter for us to be concerned about. We bought these from the original manufacturer and they are official Sturmanskie watches.

We just happened to be the distributors who ended up taking in these watches because we had the TV program to sell them and the system for private sales. It could just as easily been another reseller that sold them. Please do not attack us for reselling a legitimate product from a manufacturer we have a long-standing relationship with.

#17 ·
We did not go into great detail with Volmax about this, but our understanding was the original customer for these did not purchase them all. As a result, Volmax needed to sell these and they agreed with the original customer that they could sell them to a distributor, as long as they used TV or private methods for sale. Whether Volmax wishes to comment on this is up to them. But our understanding was this was unsold inventory and we were taking an opportunity to offer a soon to be finished watch to our customers.

#22 ·
I'm going to bow out of this conversation now. I stopped posting on this forum about four years ago for this very reason. There is no winning for us when we get into these issues. We were accused of something here and I tried to clarify it. We took in a few watches from our legitimate manufacturer, of which we are their authorized distributor. And we sold them in the methods we agreed and informed them we would pursue. I will have absolutely no trouble sleeping and know for a fact that our company has made no ethics violation of any kind in this matter. If you don't trust us, then don't buy watches from us. If you do, then we are happy to have your business.

Honestly, this was a private sale for our customers that shouldn't have ever been posted on this forum. That was inappropriate in the first place. We have every right to have private sales and it is reasonable to assume they would remain private.

#28 ·
No problem with getting and selling the watches. BUT, I would have written the advertising copy as something like: "We have been able to source a few remaining NOS Okeah watches and are offering them for sale".

Instead, the way the ad is worded implies, whether it was meant to or not, that this is more of the "final edition", limited run of watches for sale.

I mean, come on -- knowing the popularity of the real final edition Okeah, the the ad writer should have made it crystal clear to make sure this ad wouldn't create controversy.

To be honest, the few watches that one might sell with this ad probably won't make up for the harm to the retailer's brand equity from the way the ad is now being perceived.

#29 · (Edited)
I think the problem is in Volmax, not dealers or companies that sell produts. The problem is unethical volmax... But The question is ... it´s wrong, yes, I agree, but who's going to say something? who will tell a company like volmax (who is Swiss) what to sell? ... The watch industry is a business, other values ​​have long been lost, and not only in the Russian watches, also in the Swiss made watches.
Regards

#30 · (Edited)
I find it very unusual that Volmax would do such an extreme disservice to their reputation especially considering their venture into the Swiss market. I would think that very few will trust a "limited edition" from Volmax going forward. Three hundred watches is a substantial order... one that wouldn't have happened otherwise. Exploiting and profiting from the volunteer efforts of the concept developers, designers, and the distributor at HdR is very, very disrespectful.

Whatever may come out of this - nothing will compare to the experience of being part of the original 300. I will always enjoy my Okeah FE with the fond memories and honourable friends that I've made being part of this amazing project. In sadness, we will probably never see a project quite like this on WUS again.

In the meantime, I turn my attention to Raketa ... |>

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.