Online shopping sites other than ebay? www.allegro.pl ?

Thread: Online shopping sites other than ebay? www.allegro.pl ?

-->
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Online shopping sites other than ebay? www.allegro.pl ?

Are there online sites available to US buyers other than ebay?

With the help of Google translate I looked around the Polish site - http://www.allegro.pl/

I found some interesting watches that I haven't seen on ebay. Of course, bidding on a piece and paying for it would be more challenging than browsing - maybe impossible.

Are European sites an option for US buyers? That is, online auction sites located in Europe, primarily catering to the local market, but available to US buyers in some way - the seller will ship to the US, for example.
    Last edited by watch22; July 5th, 2009 at 03:36.

Re: Online shopping sites other than ebay? www.allegro.pl ?

new version of my blog:
    www.cykacze.pl

Right at the top of the page ..........P.Maier !

Kurt

I think I worded my post badly.

I'm asking about auction sites where individuals sell watches.

For example - the allegro sites. I don't speak those languages but from the pictures I see some interesting old watches. I don't know exactly why somebody would sell on allegro.pl, for example rather than ebay - but maybe they don't speak English or don't want to hassle with international shipping. Maybe taking foreign currency is an issue.

I also looked the the German ebay site and found some interesting pieces - again sellers that weren't represented on the main ebay site.

I'm wondering if there is some way that a motivated American buyer could access those sites for watches not available on the main ebay site.

phd

I buy from various ebay sites (germany, italy, US; also of course UK because I'm UK-based). I've never bought from allegro-type sites, but it's an interesting possibility...

Do the German and UK ebay sites you frequent have product not present on the main ebay site? I've found that many of the watches on ebay.co.uk can be found on the main ebay site by just replacing "co.uk" with "com" in the item's URL. All that changes is the currency.

Have you found watches that are unique to the UK or .de sites?

phd

Yes, some watches (perhaps most, in my experience) are unique to one site or another. The German eBay in particular has quite a lot of Raketas (maybe others) that are not on the UK or US sites.

I've just had a look at http://www.molotok.ru/ , and it is a goldmine of Raketas! I must have them all!!!!!!

Does anyone here use molotok, or does anyone know how a foreigner can bid/buy on molotok? Are there special problems for non-Russians?

Did you access the Russian site through Google translate, or can you read Russian directly on the site?

I think you see where I'm going with this. I'd like to see what answers you get to your question.

phd

I just looked with Google Translate. The problem is, the translation is OK, but it says about payment that the seller will email me with instructions in each case. So, this doesn't tell me much about how this is usually done.

I know that, when I have mistakenly bought from German sellers who don't accept PayPal, it has cost me about 25 to make the bank transfer. Also, it would be nice to talk to someone who uses Molotok and understands the system...

Molotok.ru is a well-known auction site here in Russia. I myself have bought several watches at it.

I've just had a look at http://www.molotok.ru/ , and it is a goldmine of Raketas! I must have them all!!!!!!
    Yes indeed it has some really nice Raketas. For example here is a link to the RAKETA in a very unusual case (sickle & hammer) which was recently sold:

http://molotok.ru/item675004297_chas...p_i_molot.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information