Parts Wanted - Page 44
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Parts Wanted

Page 44 of 87 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast

Re: Parts Wanted

Quote Originally Posted by sq100 View Post
    Nope the antimagnetic shield has nothing to do with the movement being loose.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    Hi SQ100:

Thanks for the response. However, I remain unconvinced. The movement is loose from side to side, but moreso vertically. From the pictures it appears that the tabs on the top of the shield compress when the back and retaining ring are screwed in. Any other suggestions? Perhaps replacing the gasket might improve the movement retention? What do you think?

Thanks again.

Joe
    "There's a fine line between being in a groove, and being in a rut"

I edited your picture to show the screws that press the movement into the retaining ring. When the screws are tightened the movement shouldn't be able to move around. If however for some reason the retaining ring is too small or damaged it could explain the moving around. The gasket and caseback only help to press the movement into the watch, they are not for horizontal or vertical retaining.

Last edited by sq100; September 16th, 2013 at 22:04. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by sq100 View Post
    I edited your picture to show the screws that press the movement into the retaining ring. When the screws are tightened the movement shouldn't be able to move around. If however for some reason the retaining ring is too small or damaged it could explain the moving around. The gasket and caseback only help to press the movement into the watch, they are not for horizontal or vertical retaining.

Thanks for the added detail. The movement is secure in the retainer ring. It's the ring that is ever so small. I'm going to experiment a little with some "shimming" to see if I can get the ring to stay in place. By vertical I meant perpendicular to the dial, not in the sane plane as the dial. To me, that's the bigger issue. The old gasket is worn and hardened. I've ordered a replacement and am in contact with the seller to track down the magnetism shield. Hopefully together these two things will help to secure the movement a bit better.

Regards

Joe
    Last edited by ronnypudding; September 16th, 2013 at 23:09.

Quote Originally Posted by ronnypudding View Post
    Thanks for the added detail. The movement is secure in the retainer ring. It's the ring that is ever so small. I'm going to experiment a little with some "shimming" to see if I can get the ring to stay in place. By vertical I meant perpendicular to the dial, not in the sane plane as the dial. To me, that's the bigger issue. The old gasket is worn and hardened. I've ordered a replacement and am in contact with the seller to track down the magnetism shield. Hopefully together these two things will help to secure the movement a bit better.

Regards

Joe
    Just closing the loop on this. The seller sent the missing shield part. The three tabs that you see on the top do press against the cast back as you tighten the case back ring. It serves to hold the movement in place relatively well. There is still a small amount of lateral movement when winding, but the movement is definitely now secure perpendicular to the dial.

Ok risking asking the question here and hopefully its not out of order.

If I had a number of parts available that I'd send out for either the cost of postage or for a small sum would it be appropiate to list them here or should I stick to ebay?

anyone have a spare second hand for a 2209 amphibia? Lume condition not important. either Goldtone or silvertone is fine.
    thanks

vpn

Hi! I'm looking for a dial in good cosmetic conditions for my Prim. As you can see in the picture, it has a quite visibile scratch between 8 and 11 'o clock. If you have an identical dial in good condition, please let me know with a PM. It would be a great contribution to the restoration of this beautiful dress watch.

Name:  Prim_Diplomat_6_zps1dc508df.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  64.1 KB

If anyone has an Amphibia 2409 caseback, please let me know.

Also, a 2209 Amphibia crown.

Thank you.

Hi Yunzi,

Could you PM me or contact me at spintime@aol.com?
    Thanks,
    Robert

Hello,

I'm searching for parts for a sportivnie : I have an OK movement with a very nice black dial and red seconds hand, but wrong hands, case and crown. I need lumed hands like those in this thread : SPORTIVNIE black dial- seek Advice

Also, I could use a whole watch with a destroyed dial.

Page 44 of 87 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast

Thread Information