WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

POBEDA- IS IT GENUINE?

4K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  pmwas 
#1 ·
#2 ·
#5 ·
By the way the free strap is made in Poland ("Skóra Naturalna" = "natural leather")

#6 ·
The watch isn't original: it has Pobeda dial installed into a Sportivnie watch.

#0563 at USSR times is a franken watch too: has wrong hands, sportivnie movement in a typical 15j Pobeda watch with snap-on back-case. Winding crown belonged to a watch from Petrodvorec Factory.

#9 ·
Thanks for the tip. I checked.
The barrel wheels of 0333, 0390, and 0625 say "ГС МЧЗ" or "1 МЧЗ", which is correct since they are produced by 1 MWF.
The barrel wheel of 0563 says "Pobeda" in Cyrillic, which seems consistent with the Cyrillic Pobeda dial and the rest of the movement.

#11 ·
Sorry, the catalogs are not a final argument. ;-)
They could indicate that a certain watch existed (sometimes they present watches that probably never existed, e.g. Slava 31 jewels, but this is another topic).
There are quite a few real, factory-made watches which are not presented in any catalog (e.g. Slava 32 jewels, but also many others).
One real, tangible watch is a better proof than any paper. "Material evidence" rules.:)

#12 ·
Sorry but I cannot agree with you in this case. We aren't talking about ultra-rare examples like Antarktida, Cosmonaut, Slava 31j etc. Pobeda was the most popular and mass-made wrist-watch in the USSR which was produced with strict accordance to the GOST (state standard). The watch in question has many evident signs of tampering and I already explained which ones: wrong hands, wrong winding crown, wrong movement. If you still believe that it's authentic - well you're welcome to think so :) Here is another great 'material evidence' watch: #0026

#14 ·
I agree there were some Pobeda watches in Sportivne cases. These were the black dialed ones with lume - there are far too many of these to say they're all frankenwatches. This one however is Sportivne with Pobeda dial. this dial was used in normal, snap-back Pobeda. Also the hands are from Sportivne (the one with lume). Now getting back to the watches that never existed, i'd be very cautious saying so. A few years ago Vostok 2803 was only a "prototype" or maybe even a legend and now we know there were even a few versions of this rare watch. So I think we should sit back and watch - maybe some day we'll see a 31j Slava, why not :D ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.