WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Vostok Amphibia 120, impressive value

9K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  smille76 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi,

This is my 2nd Vostok ever. I had a 960 Neptune last year but the proprietary bracelet was either too tight or too loose for me and I decided to let it go on f29.

I was interested to give the brand another try, this time I selected a no-date blue dial Amphibia with a 120 case. About 65$ from Meranom, I was ready to be really let down upon arrival, no way they can produce a watch at such low price.

Well, the watch is very lovely, Blue sunbrush dial is gorgeous. I modded it with a Boris bezel and a navy blue 2-piece NATO.

This week I decided to regulate it since it was running a bit fast for me. I adjusted the MTG-1000 to a lift angle of 42 deg and saw a really clean line, 0.0 ms of beat error but +51 s/day.

I decided to open the watch and I want to say, it is really easy to service with this "compression style" case. No fear of pinched gaskets, solid seal, nice signed "B" rotor....wow!

Regulator arm is really long and out of the way of the balance wheel, no risk of damaging something is the tool slips. One or 2 nudges towards the (-)sign and it now purrs at +3 s/day. Minimal positional variance too, really good for the price.

From now on, I will recommend them here if someone wants a sub-100$ automatic watch. It is really better than any Seiko 5 at this cost.

Cheers,

S.

Sent from my Motorola StarTAC 70

See less See more
#3 ·
I bought the same watch as yours, but with the white dial - my first Vostok. I also bought a mesh bracelet with it from Meranom, and it's very comfortable. I like the looks of the stock chrome bezel, so I'm leaving it for now. Good to know that it's easy to regulate. Mine's running faster than I'd like, but I'm waiting for it to settle in before I try adjusting it (I've had it for only 2 weeks).

I'm so impressed by this inexpensive watch, that I've already ordered another one from Meranom - a blue Scuba Dude 710, with a blue silicone strap!

#4 ·
Hi,

Yes it was very easy to regulate on my Weishi MTG-1000 (cheap chinese timegrapher).

When I regulate Seikos or Miyotas, moving anything by a hair can get you wild accuracy swings and you have to go back and forth towards - and + until you hit the sweet spot.

This one took about 2 minutes to do and I nailed it on the 2nd try; straight perfect line on the timegrapher screen! The regulator arm is pretty long and it is easy to move it by small increments and actually see it move.

I'm tempted to grab a 670 case but the variation I seek is out of stock at the moment.

I'll check their site often for sure!

Cheers,

S.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

Reactions: Murrango
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.