Vostok classification database draft - Page 13
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Vostok classification database draft

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Re: Vostok classification database draft

Thanks for the information. I bought another one. A 2209 movement with original parts. I am waiting for a strap now. Unfortunatelly I have another question: While winding it, I think I overwind my amphibia unintentionally. I thought that 30 winds would be enough. But after 20-25 winds I heard a click noise (Yes I know. It's a bad omen). And I found out that after doing this, the only way to get the watch from time-set position to handwind position is screwing the crown back in. It doesn't click into winding position from time-set position. Only way to to this is screwing the crown and hearing the proper click voice in the process. I will show it to my watchmaker but I still want to know if it is normal or not. I will post some photos with the straps when it comes (and without any mechanical problems luckily)

That's normal.

While digging through a catalog trying to find a case type for my recent octagonal Amphibia, I found this entry. It details a 250 case Amphibia. I hadn't run across that case type in the thread so far.

I still haven't found the case type for my transition period octagonal Amphibia though (the octagonal with slight curve in the lugs as seen in the last photo in post #29).
    Last edited by Coug76; August 7th, 2015 at 18:16.

Anyone who can tell how old this Komandirskie is?

Spreek je ook Nederlands? Kom dan naar het Hidden Content

Current Watches:
    IWC Flieger Chrono 3717-01 | JLC Reverso Grande Taille | Swatch Chronograph Alta Quota | Renault Spider Chronograph | OWC MS-9401 "Snowflake" blue/blue | Winner Mark XV | Seagull 1963 Re-Issue 38mm | Poljot Sturmanskie Chronograph Volmax Re-Issue | Sturmanskie Chronograph Civil "Rotor" | Sturmanskie Civilian US10SR Chronograph | Sturmanskie Airforce 31659 | Strela 1251 | Vostok Amphibia 100725 SE | Poljot Aviator Alarm 40mm | 2x Sturmanskie Chronograph 90's| Poljot Civilian Sturmansie Black Re-Isue | 2x Civilian Sturmanskie Cyrillic dial | Poljot Sturmanskie Blue Dial | Vostok Amphibia 420 Desert Shield | Vostok Komandirskie Zakaz mo CCC | Kasper 7733 Chrono | Arten 7733 Chrono | Belca 7733 Reverse Panda Chrono

Mystery Amphibian case that is vaguely octagonal produced in the early 90's has been solved. It is case type 270 according to this passport. Update as necessary.

Name:  mysterycasedocument.jpg
Views: 769
Size:  191.2 KB

excellent watches. it is near 1980-1986

You just gotta love vintage Vostoks!

Quote Originally Posted by Machinist View Post
    Hi! This is my first post in this forum and I am glad to join among fellow watch collectors. I am a novice watch collector and I want to extend my collection with a Vostok Amphibia. I have found some interesting vintage ones in internet. But I don't know if the one that I found is original or not. I don't know if this thread is right place to ask this question and I am sorry for this mistake if it is not. I will be glad if you help me identify this watch. The watch I am talking about has these spesifics:

There is ''Wostok'' ''18 jewels'' and ''Made in USSR'' markings on the dial (Most probably and export). The dial is green sunburst (which is a very different dial design apart from the other amphibias that I found in internet). There are some cyrillic script on the caseback with the numbers ''217492'' (This one bothers me. Because casebacks of english dial export amphibias have english written on them as I know. But this one has english dial with russian caseback. Is this normal?) The seller says that the movement is a 2209 but there is no picture of the movement itself. Also the case is highly polishd instead of matt finish. I have great concerns about this watch's authenticity but I liked the green sunburst dial. It gives a different look to this classic so called ''vintage'' watch. If you confirm the authenticity I will try to buy it.

Attachment 3434754
    Attachment 3434778
    That is a redial with a polished case. Nicely done, but not an original vintage Amphibia. Would I buy it? Of course! If I recall, there's another with paddle hands on eBay as well.

Case types 912 & 489
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi, can anyone give me any information on Amphibia casebacks?

I have two vintage Amphibias, one has the standard caseback with 'Ambhibia' engraved horozontaly, and the other has the dolphin. My question is, on which model was the dolphin caseback originaly used, because i believe it is a replacement on the watch, which is a standard Amphibia round case with a dial 'commemorating' the occupation of Afghanistan.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mikatile.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread Information