Vostok classification database draft - Page 9
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Vostok classification database draft

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Re: Vostok classification database draft

It would be good to have a watch with original papers, so that the model number can be ascertained: this also explains why some of the case styles are still considered as of unknown type numbers.

Thankyou Seele, you've done a fantastic job.

What part of Sydney are you in? I usually live in Glebe where I have a house, but am current staying with my old man near Hornsby (he's 85 & sometimes needs a hand doing stuff).

Quote Originally Posted by cunningstunt View Post
    Thankyou Seele, you've done a fantastic job.

What part of Sydney are you in? I usually live in Glebe where I have a house, but am current staying with my old man near Hornsby (he's 85 & sometimes needs a hand doing stuff).
    I am on the north shore, but if you are in Glebe, you would be well disposed to check out Glebe Market in case something turns up, and also the monthly fair as well.

Am i wrong, or you are Cunningstunt from the old Poljot forum? It was six years ago...
    Hidden Content
    On WUS since 2002 - Russian Watch Forum moderator from 2005 to 2012

Quote Originally Posted by michele View Post
    Am i wrong, or you are Cunningstunt from the old Poljot forum? It was six years ago...
    Yes, thanks for recognising me, Michele. Yeh I've been AWOL due to a number of different personal & health issues, plus at once stage my computer was stolen & a couple of times I simply didn't have a ISP account.

BTW what part of the North Shore Steele? I'm near the Hornsby end at the moment (Fox Valley side of Wahroonga).

Yes, thanks for recognising me, Michele. Yeh I've been AWOL due to a number of different personal & health issues, plus at once stage my computer was stolen & a couple of times I simply didn't have a ISP account.
    I have learned a lot from your posts when i was a newbie on the Poljot forum, almost ten years ago.

Whatever happened, welcome again.
    Hidden Content
    On WUS since 2002 - Russian Watch Forum moderator from 2005 to 2012

BTW what part of the North Shore Steele? I'm near the Hornsby end at the moment (Fox Valley side of Wahroonga).
    It's halfway up towards Hornsby: Chatswood actually.

Great work Seele, nice scientific approach. I hope that you (or someone else) will find the time to include bezels, dials and hands. I once tried to get a clear picture of the bezels in use but didnt follow it through.
    I am especially interested in dating the different types, do you have any idea when the different casetypes were in production?

khaba,

If I were to document everything related to them there's no end to that; as there would have been an infinite number of permutations built at the factory. The whole idea of this exercise is an attempt to stop the practice of referring to a watch by its dial design, which does not say much, and I am quite glad to see - at least in the WUS circle - that it is having some headway.

The lack of verifiable proofs of case design type numbers of many different case types is bad enough, resulting in many case types without known type numbers. It was even worse in finding out the periods of production for each type as well. For what it's worth I fully intend this to be the first word, not the last word, on the subject, and would always like to obtain verified information to make the database a little better.

The latest revision of the Komandirskie database is out, the same download link.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread Information