Vostok Mod - the Revival - Page 14
Like Tree1894Likes

Thread: Vostok Mod - the Revival

Page 14 of 102 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 64 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 1018
  1. #131
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    192

    Re: Vostok Mod - the Revival







    My Favinov special arrived this morning :)
    The inspiration for this came from watching the movie "Interstellar" as I really like the styling of the Hamilton "Murph" watch.


    I'd purchased hands and a dial from Favinov previously and decided to commission him for a build.

    The hour and minute hands are from IgorIV but I had Favinov lume them as well.

    Essentially it's a 420 base model with a Favinov serviced 2409 manual wind and Soviet era caseback. The dial and hands have been re-lumed and it has a machined SS crown. The secondhand is a Komandirskie hand.

    Honestly, I'm delighted with the final result. It's everything I wanted. The lume is excellent and the movement is buttery smooth to handwind.

    I haven't yet decided on a strap/bracelet. I think the Meranom SS bracelet with polished centre links is a bit bling for my tastes so I'll run with the mesh in the meantime. I may install the older Meranom SS bracelet with all brushed links over the weekend.

    In closing, I'd like to give a big shout out to Sergey (Favinov). He's wonderful to deal with and an utmost professional. I highly recommend him.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    103ssv, Tarquin, munichjoe and 7 others like this.

  2. #132
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    München
    Posts
    271

    Re: Vostok Mod - the Revival

    So I decided to swap the pepsi for a black bezel on my 100...
    I think that the black one looks better.



    Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

  3. #133
    Member GadgetKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA, USA
    Posts
    533

    Re: Vostok Mod - the Revival

    Put this together for my daughter tonight. I'd asked her a few weeks ago if she wanted me to assemble or mod a watch for her and she said "yes." She wanted a dial with a ship or submarine on it, so I knew to go for an Amphibian. She picked the case/dial which we were able to find together already and I just added the bezel and insert. A few of the luminous dots had separated from the dial during shipping, so I had to crack it open anyway, but that was a quick fix. She's pleased with the result as am I:
    Name:  fullsizeoutput_5166.jpeg
Views: 533
Size:  1.37 MB
    Last edited by GadgetKing; April 7th, 2017 at 02:59.

  4. #134
    Member jetcash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,606

    Re: Vostok Mod - the Revival

    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetKing View Post
    Put this together for my daughter tonight. I'd asked her a few weeks ago if she wanted me to assemble or mod a watch for her and she said "yes." She wanted a dial with a ship or submarine on it, so I knew to go for an Amphibian. She picked the case/dial which we were able to find together already and I just added the bezel and insert. A few of the luminous dots had separated from the dial during shipping, so I had to crack it open anyway, but that was a quick fix. She's pleased with the result as am I:
    Name:  fullsizeoutput_5166.jpeg
Views: 533
Size:  1.37 MB
    Great parenting!

    Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
    Chascomm, GadgetKing and saturnine like this.

  5. #135
    Member Derek N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Kaneohe, Hawaii
    Posts
    4,436

    Re: Vostok Mod - the Revival

    Quote Originally Posted by Aidanm View Post



    My Favinov special arrived this morning :)
    The inspiration for this came from watching the movie "Interstellar" as I really like the styling of the Hamilton "Murph" watch.

    Speaking of the "Murph" watch, check out the latest mod that I just completed. I too loved that Murph watch from Interstellar and had the opportunity to create my own version when a rare Hamilton Khaki Pioneer manual came to my attention. I ended up using that watch and another Khaki 42mm auto to morph into my Murph watch. The end results were perfect, and almost 100% a match except for the wording on the dial.






    Please check out the thread I created in the Hamilton forum:
    Hamilton Interstellar Murph Watch Mod

  6. #136
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    2,308

    Re: Vostok Mod - the Revival




  7. #137
    Member kakefe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Moscow, Istanbul , NY
    Posts
    351

    Re: Vostok Mod - the Revival

    i m very indecisive today.. tried some combinations but no concrete decision yet.

    new green bezel with white dude

    tried new custom dial in 020 case with blue bezel . green dial is on the way . i ll also try green dial with new green bezel .

    and tried new bezel on 120 cases with different dials




    instagram @watchcolony
    GadgetKing, amil, DocTone and 5 others like this.

  8. #138
    Member taimurkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    262

    Re: Vostok Mod - the Revival

    Quote Originally Posted by kakefe View Post
    i m very indecisive today.. tried some combinations but no concrete decision yet.





    instagram @watchcolony
    This bezel is likely to suit many dials and cases, and looks great with the yellow stunner, and with the black one.

    Here's another bezel suggestion for the white albatross scuba dude:

    Name:  Vostok Amphibia 670920.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  62.3 KB

  9. #139
    Member Arizone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Posts
    1,667

    Re: Vostok Mod - the Revival

    Amphibian Mod MkI

    Amphibian Mod MkII "Plongeurdude"

    Dial: Favinov
    Bezel: Murphy
    Bezel Insert: Yobokies
    Hour & Minute Hands: Yobokies, adjusted
    Seconds Hand: Ebay, trimmed and painted
    Crown: Meranom
    Back: Meranom
    Strap: Bandukh

    And it's still not finished...





  10. #140
    Member ThePossumKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    At the corner of Ghetto & Gang, Aurora, IL USA
    Posts
    1,102

    Re: Vostok Mod - the Revival

    Quote Originally Posted by Arizone View Post
    Amphibian Mod MkI

    Amphibian Mod MkII "Plongeurdude"

    Dial: Favinov
    Bezel: Murphy
    Bezel Insert: Yobokies
    Hour & Minute Hands: Yobokies, adjusted
    Seconds Hand: Ebay, trimmed and painted
    Crown: Meranom
    Back: Meranom
    Strap: Bandukh

    And it's still not finished...





    Love the blue lume on the numbers!
    Arizone and CVega like this.

Page 14 of 102 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 64 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. First vostok mod.
      By Jaysembhi in forum Russian watches
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: May 20th, 2017, 11:41
    2. Vostok Amphibia mod
      By ncmoto in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: August 2nd, 2016, 14:17
    3. vostok mod
      By joeuk in forum Russian watches
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: October 12th, 2015, 06:58
    4. When is it ok to mod a Vostok?
      By 93EXCivic in forum Russian watches
      Replies: 11
      Last Post: March 24th, 2014, 22:56
    5. What do u think of this Vostok Amphibia Mod?
      By illition in forum Russian watches
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: August 7th, 2013, 14:25

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •