Vostok Mod - the Revival - Page 34
Like Tree1891Likes

Thread: Vostok Mod - the Revival

Page 34 of 102 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 84 ... LastLast

Re: Vostok Mod - the Revival

I saw a post that said vostok is coming out with new cases and dials. Is that true and if it down we know the case diameter and lug to lug size of the new cases. With the new cases out will they stop producing some of the old cases?

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by juice009 View Post
    I saw a post that said vostok is coming out with new cases and dials. Is that true and if it down we know the case diameter and lug to lug size of the new cases. With the new cases out will they stop producing some of the old cases?

Vostok has been coming out with some new stuff lately but I don't think there are any new cases we haven't seen yet. Newer diameters are stretching into 41mm, not far from the 39-40mm older cases, meaning lug to lug will be proportionally similar, but 020, 650, and 670 cases are the first ones with a 20mm lug width instead of 18 or 22mm.

We cannot confirm whether older cases will be discontinued but it would make sense. 160 definitely seems like an upgrade from 060, and I personally believe 150 will replace the 710, although it is very popular, and perhaps also 090.
    juice009 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arizone View Post
    Vostok has been coming out with some new stuff lately but I don't think there are any new cases we haven't seen yet. Newer diameters are stretching into 41mm, not far from the 39-40mm older cases, meaning lug to lug will be proportionally similar, but 020, 650, and 670 cases are the first ones with a 20mm lug width instead of 18 or 22mm.

We cannot confirm whether older cases will be discontinued but it would make sense. 160 definitely seems like an upgrade from 060, and I personally believe 150 will replace the 710, although it is very popular, and perhaps also 090.
    They better not do away with the 090!

Quote Originally Posted by Tarquin View Post
    They better not do away with the 090!
    Unless they replace it with the 119
    saturnine and Spench like this.
    Hidden Content

--The Watch Slayer--
    Hidden Content

Vostok modding: the world's only hobby where you receive all of the modification bits before the item itself

Name:  DSC02267s.JPG
Views: 347
Size:  982.3 KB
    Last edited by Ticonderoga; May 17th, 2017 at 14:38. Reason: typo
    120, boz80, jetcash and 1 others like this.
    Wife: Don't you have enough watches?
    Me: Don't you have enough earrings?
    Wife: So, you're saying that watches are jewelry for Men?
    Me: That's exactly what I'm saying.
    Wife: Let's go shopping.

And that's how I got my last watch...

Quote Originally Posted by Arizone View Post

Do you think the 420 case will be discontinued?

Does anyone know why is that there isn't any watches available under 960 case? I've been looking at that page for months now and I don't see any watches listed under that case no.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarquin View Post
    Yeah I've got one of these kits and made my first attempt at relume last weekend. Still not got the application quite right but I have observed that the glow doesn't seem to last as long as I'd hoped. Perhaps I'm not getting an optimum mix ratio, or perhaps it's the LED light which I used for charging!
    Thank you for the info. Try a black light. I've been relatively pleased with the Ranfft lume as far as brightness & duration. I don't have a Seiko diver or anything with C1/3 lume but I doubt it is up to that level (completely anecdotal - I really have no idea). However, after minimal charging around 10pm I've been able to read the time in the middle of the night (3-5am?). Of course I've only used it on the pre-existing dots of Vostok dials - luming larger areas may result in increased brightness. But where it really shines (!) is ease of application. When it starts getting a little thick, add more thinner. On the page I linked to he has a video of application on a hand.

Happy Reading
    Everything to expect from Vostok factory soon
    “May the power of the cosmos be with you.”

Do you think the 420 case will be discontinued?

I don't, it's also very popular, unless they went with one of their other small cases like 100? That shares tooling with the 160 I think.
    Does anyone know why is that there isn't any watches available under 960 case? I've been looking at that page for months now and I don't see any watches listed under that case no.

960 has been reserved for the Neptune models since the late 80's or so, and they stopped making serial production Neptunes leaving only Meranom's SE Neptunes. It could also be because the lugs make it less popular especially with the typical rattling bracelets.

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeadDreaming View Post
    case, bracelet, bezel, crown, hands?
    Almost. Case is the same. Bracelet, Bezel, Crown, Hands... number 5 I thought was overall wearability / artistic impact ;)

Page 34 of 102 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 84 ... LastLast

Thread Information