Vostok Mod - the Revival - Page 45
Like Tree1900Likes

Thread: Vostok Mod - the Revival

Page 45 of 103 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 95 ... LastLast

Re: Vostok Mod - the Revival

I wore my 710 on a NATO to the pool for the first time over Memorial weekend, and realized that fabric straps are not suited for immersion. Despite the synthetic weave and heat, it stayed damp for a while. I will keep my diver on sharkmesh or rubber. I am exploring rubber options and the isofrane style has inevitably caught my eye. There are several manufacturers making isofrane styled straps, but this is a $100 watch (once I factor in mods) and I am not keen on spending $100 on a strap. So I am stuck looking for clones. Does anyone have pictures of amphibias on isofrane straps, and what other rubber straps should I be considering?
    Abrazagar likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DerangedGoose View Post
    I wore my 710 on a NATO to the pool for the first time over Memorial weekend, and realized that fabric straps are not suited for immersion. Despite the synthetic weave and heat, it stayed damp for a while. I will keep my diver on sharkmesh or rubber. I am exploring rubber options and the isofrane style has inevitably caught my eye. There are several manufacturers making isofrane styled straps, but this is a $100 watch (once I factor in mods) and I am not keen on spending $100 on a strap. So I am stuck looking for clones. Does anyone have pictures of amphibias on isofrane straps, and what other rubber straps should I be considering?
    Saw this one on photobucket. Looks nice.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Unfortunetaly I have no pictures about the setup:
    IMHO the straps by Obris Morgan are great for Price (STRAP REVIEW - Obris Morgan Vanilla Scented Natural Rubber Strap)
    After "Cooking" the smell past away, and by the more roundish form it fits very well.

I'm also still looking for a strap for my 710 black scuba dude. I'm thinking either a vintage leather or rubber. Pictures would be appreciated :)

Agreed, NATOs don't dry quickly. Perlons do, however.

Here are photos of exactly what you didn't ask for.
    Last edited by saturnine; June 6th, 2017 at 16:21.
    nckwvr and JedIsDead like this.
    “May the power of the cosmos be with you.”

The first time I wore my Scuba Dude yesterday was in the sea and I agree, took a while for the NATO to dry off.

Name:  Copy of DSC02773b.JPG
Views: 309
Size:  176.5 KB

One of these "No Dive Limits" rubber straps came on a vintage Amphib I bought, I had no idea if it was any good or not or what the price was. I put it on the SD and it seems comfortable enough.

Name:  IMG_3096.JPG
Views: 310
Size:  1.52 MB

Did a quick eBay and I see that they are $5.95 International Shipping included.

Link

Name:  s-l500.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  19.9 KB
    Wife: Don't you have enough watches?
    Me: Don't you have enough earrings?
    Wife: So, you're saying that watches are jewelry for Men?
    Me: That's exactly what I'm saying.
    Wife: Let's go shopping.

And that's how I got my last watch...

Im not at all a fan of wavy straps, unfortunately. Google actually turned up a wealth of Amphibias on Isofrane styled straps:

Name:  DSC03044.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  115.5 KB
    Name:  DSCF1530.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  228.2 KB
    Name:  9528440465_a9e003a52f_b.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  440.8 KB
    isti likes this.

Boneto Cinturini offers vanilla scented straps made from NBR rubber. Much better than the dust gathering silicone straps you often find on Ebay. And they are a LOT cheaper than an Isofrane. Expect to pay $20 to $30.

Meranom sells a Tropic style rubber strap that's quite affordable. It is silicone, but it is pretty nice. It uses normal style spring bars rather than the fat style ones that I prefer on a rubber strap because it is a little on the thin side. I think the vintage-looking tropic style looks more at home on a Vostok than an Isofrane style strap imho.
    Last edited by JedIsDead; June 6th, 2017 at 19:33.

I found this on Ebay. Looks awesome, but can't say anything about it. It would look great on a scuba dude.

Name:  s-l1600.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  169.9 KB
    Ticonderoga likes this.

My first attempt at a relume with noctilumina in a 670 case. I found the new 12,3,6,9 dial was actually a really dark grey. So I swapped it over for the older date version which has a really rich deep black much more suited to the deep black Dagaz insert. Completed with a Dave Murphy bezel and Corvus bond strap. I love it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Page 45 of 103 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 95 ... LastLast

Thread Information