What did you buy today? - Page 18
Like Tree1011Likes

Thread: What did you buy today?

Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 362
  1. #171
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    20

    Re: What did you buy today?

    I didn't just buy this today, but I just received it. I know it's a frankenwatch, and as I waited for it to arrive I saw that the seller is blacklisted at Raketa, but I don't care. The watch keeps perfect time so far, it's solidly built, and it sure is different - I like it!


    Name:  IMG_7210.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  1.40 MB

  2. #172
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    20

    Re: What did you buy today?

    Following up on my post above, I did ask the seller what movement is in the watch, and he called it "R2409". I haven't found any info on that movement, which I'm assuming is Raketa, but does anyone know anything about an R2409 movement? It's a mechanical hand-winder.

  3. #173
    Member schnurrp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,817

    Re: What did you buy today?

    Quote Originally Posted by SeikoNoobSteve View Post
    Following up on my post above, I did ask the seller what movement is in the watch, and he called it "R2409". I haven't found any info on that movement, which I'm assuming is Raketa, but does anyone know anything about an R2409 movement? It's a mechanical hand-winder.
    Does it keep time on a 24 hour basis as the dial indicates it should? If it does, it probably has a Raketa 2623 movement which is the 24 hour movement with no other complications or a 2609, a 12 hour movement that was modified to act as a 2623. I don't think Raketa ever created a 24mm diameter watch movement which is what the first two numbers in "R2409" designate. The Raketa 2609 and 2623 are 26mm in diameter.
    armanh likes this.

  4. #174
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    20

    Re: What did you buy today?

    Quote Originally Posted by schnurrp View Post
    Does it keep time on a 24 hour basis as the dial indicates it should? If it does, it probably has a Raketa 2623 movement which is the 24 hour movement with no other complications or a 2609, a 12 hour movement that was modified to act as a 2623. I don't think Raketa ever created a 24mm diameter watch movement which is what the first two numbers in "R2409" designate. The Raketa 2609 and 2623 are 26mm in diameter.
    Yes, it keeps time on a 24-hour basis, and it's spot on. Maybe I'll open the back and see if there are any numbers on the movement to get an actual identity for it. Thanks!

  5. #175
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    20

    Re: What did you buy today?

    I got the back off (a fake screw-down type that ended up just popping off), and this is the movement. The only number stamped is "2409". Any ideas?



    Name:  IMG_7213.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  960.7 KB

  6. #176
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    20

    Re: What did you buy today?

    Some quick research, even though I don't know what I'm looking at, makes this movement appear to be a Vostok 2409, as in another thread here titled, "Vostok 2409 or 2409A ?" (I can't post a link).

  7. #177
    Member cuthbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    VR, IT
    Posts
    4,878

    Re: What did you buy today?

    I finally decided to pull the trigger and complete my collection of vintage Neptunes:



    It will go to join its siblings:

    Name:  079.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  1,012.7 KB

  8. #178
    Member Lol965's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,022

    Re: What did you buy today?

    Quote Originally Posted by SeikoNoobSteve View Post
    Some quick research, even though I don't know what I'm looking at, makes this movement appear to be a Vostok 2409, as in another thread here titled, "Vostok 2409 or 2409A ?" (I can't post a link).
    You have the answer in the movement itself - the Vostok mark:


  9. #179
    Member kev80e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Rutland UK
    Posts
    2,337

    Re: What did you buy today?

    Quote Originally Posted by cuthbert View Post
    I finally decided to pull the trigger and complete my collection of vintage Neptunes:



    It will go to join its siblings:

    Name:  079.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  1,012.7 KB
    Fantastic , that's quite a set , the blue bezel one is still my favourite though.
    cuthbert and liahim like this.
    ​I'm afraid one day I will die and my wife will sell my watches for what I told her I paid for them.


    Hidden Content

  10. #180
    Member schnurrp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,817

    Re: What did you buy today?

    Quote Originally Posted by SeikoNoobSteve View Post
    I got the back off (a fake screw-down type that ended up just popping off), and this is the movement. The only number stamped is "2409". Any ideas?



    Name:  IMG_7213.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  960.7 KB
    That's wild!

    It should be possible to construct such a Vostok movement because of parts interchangability and the fact that Vostok makes a modern automatic 24 hour movement based on the 2409 but that seems like an awful lot of trouble. Hands on your example look like Vostok, also.

    The automatic mechanism would need to be removed and a different winding bridge and main bridge installed from a 2409 or 2414. Notice that the winding bridge is not beveled like the main bridge and balance bridge indicating they did not start out together. Then one would remove the date function and replace the cannon pinion, hour wheel, and second hand pinion with shorter ones from 2409. Seems like a lot of trouble.

    Was this very interesting "construction" an expensive watch?

    Vostok 2431:

    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 113
Size:  69.0 KB
    cuthbert and kev80e like this.

Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 1 guests)

  1. LightDot,
  2. haha

Similar Threads

  1. WRUW today photos - did you take it today?
    By jugnu in forum Public Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: January 18th, 2014, 11:59
  2. Did you buy a watch just because everyone else on here did?
    By findingnewo in forum Affordable watches
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: October 7th, 2013, 20:36
  3. I Did It Like This, I Did It Like That, I Did It With A...
    By HelloNasty1 in forum Casio G-Shock
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: November 30th, 2011, 03:30
  4. Replies: 20
    Last Post: November 28th, 2010, 05:59
  5. Replies: 12
    Last Post: July 11th, 2009, 05:21

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •