Thread: The world has gone mad! $ 180 for a fubar'd Okeah reissue

The world has gone mad! $ 180 for a fubar'd Okeah reissue

This poor little watch has been superglued, dremeled, butchered, scratched, has had its hands replaced and subdials scratched and is missing a few gears.

It's fubar'd (F.. up beyond all rescue)

Yet 19 people saw fit to bid it up to $ 180

I'd say the seller can't believe his luck ...he certainly can't be accused of not describing all the faults

Read the description and weep ...

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Re: The world has gone mad! $ 180 for a fubar'd Okeah reissue

Gotta say, I'm not sure most dealers would be so candid about their offering.

Quote Originally Posted by 10 ATM View Post
    This poor little watch has been superglued, dremeled, butchered, scratched, has had its hands replaced and subdials scratched and is missing a few gears.

It's fubar'd (F.. up beyond all rescue)

Yet 19 people saw fit to bid it up to $ 180

I'd say the seller can't believe his luck ...he certainly can't be accused of not describing all the faults

Read the description and weep ...

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
    Yes I saw this one too. Fair play to that seller!

I saw this as well, folks are crazy. There is really no other way to put it, some watches in this condition fetch such an absurd amount and then a really nice watch will just somehow pass through and fetch nothing. I just watched a pre 92 dude go for $111, and it wasn't even anything special, just another dude, but someone thought it was worth over 110. Blows my mind sometimes.
    I'll make a soldier's decision to fly away. Load my gun, paint my face, call me misery. I can see the sky light up and the ground explode
    Got my sights locked in, I can see you breathe. Then I watched you fall and somebody scream. It's the saddest thing when angels fly away.
    Got a badge for my scars just the other day. Wore it proud for the sake of my sanity. I could see the flames burn bright from the winding road

That guy posts here, but, regardless of that, the watch was excellently and honestly described.
    I don't see so detailed and precise descriptions very often.

The current level of prices does not reflect the real value, but if people is disposed to spend so much money, this is the reality, i'm slowly accepting that fact (too much sometime - spending lot of money on a single piece).

Still a very high price though, and still much lower than messed-up, 1st-generation Okeah for sale on Ebay.
    Last edited by michele; February 19th, 2012 at 23:38.

former Russian Watch Forum Moderator (2005-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by michele View Post
    the watch was excellently and honestly described.
    Absolutely....which makes me wonder even more about the sales price.

Do people simply not read descriptions or do they think they have miracle watchmaking powers?

The Valley of Death, but I fear no evil for I am the meanest SOB in The Valley

Oh, I saw it.... $180??? SERIOUSLY! Chapter ring glued in place, reset button dremeled out to fit...and STILL falling out. That seemed like the MINOR stuff!! As has been said, KUDOS to the seller, no one can say they didn't get a good description of what they were buying! My lord.....UN-BE-LIEVE-ABLE!!!
    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said "....I drank what?"

"I have too many damn watches".....said no one on the WUS Russian Forum ever...

Thread Information