WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Anybody knows this Omega movement?

5K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Blaise 
#1 ·
recently purchased this old Omega, and would like to know more about its movement. It's has a beautiful cushion-shape case, from around the 30's I guess, but I do not know anything about the movement. Any info would be appreciated!:thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Thanks Jim!

I guess it's probably the 26.5 SAV 15p. I've checked the Omega page and the one I found looks quite like mine!:-!

Thanks again, I really appreciate it!!:thanks

ps: I'll post some pics when I'll get it refurbished;-)

#7 ·
Hi Blaise,

In 1949 all Omega calibres were renamed from the old designations
representing the diameter in mm to new designation representing not
any sense.

Omega 100 is the new designation for the 26.5T3, and as these calibre was
only produced until 1951, the new designation is scarcely found.

Regards, Roland Ranfft

#8 ·
Hi Roland!

Thanks for the reply!!

Well, I've checked my watch, according to Jim's info on, the caliber number on the Omega site's Vintage section. The result was the first watch shown on the picture, while the second watch shows mine(yes, it's in a pretty bad condition at the moment:-()

I guess it's kinda similar, What do you think?:think:

Attachments

#10 ·
Hi there!

Yea, I got all the infos I needed too...Your watch is in much better shape than mine:-!, but hope it will change. Unfortunately it needs a lot of attention but sooner or later it'll turn to a 'nice old lady', and addition to my collection:)

Did you refurbish your's, or time was just that gracious to it?Anyways, that's a beautiful piece of art!!

Chao!

B

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.