WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Bergana white gold ladies watch

5K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Eeeb 
#1 ·
Hi,
I have a Bergana white gold ladies watch and would love to know more about it. Is it valuable?....when would it have been made?...etc.

G
#2 ·
Hi Karl, welcome to Watchuseek. You posted in the wrong forum so I moved your question to the Vintage & Pocket Watches Forum considering that Bergana must be a vintage watch. Regarding "value" please read our stickies on this forum. As always: A picture would be very helpful.

#3 ·
Sorry but we do not attempt to do valuations in this forum. Please read our sticky notes about valuation and watch identification.
We shall attempt an identification for you if you can post pictures. A movement picture is most useful but the dial and case picture is a start.
Bergana is not a familiar name to me. Perhaps other members may have heard of it.

#4 ·
No - but found it:(auto translated from German)

http://66.102.9.104/translate_c?hl=...+%09%09+Beutter,+Wilhelm+&hl=en&safe=off&sa=G

Uhrenfabrik Wilhelm Beutter
Bildmarke der Firma Beuter​
Image brand of Beuter

Deutsche Uhrenfabrikation​
German watch industry

Die Firma Wilhelm Beutter wurde 1909 in Pforzheim von Wilhelm Beutter sen. gegründet.​
The company Beutter Wilhelm in 1909 in Pforzheim by Wilhelm Beutter sen..
Nach der Zerstörung der Firma 1945 durch einen Bombenangriff bauten die Söhne des Firmengründers, Wilhelm Beutter jun .​
After the destruction of the company through a 1945 bomb attack built the sons of company founder, William Beutter jun.
und Eugen Beutter , der vor dem 2.​
and Eugen Beutter, before 2
Weltkrieg die Uhrmacherschule in Glashütte besucht hatte, in Rosenfeld (Zollernalbkreis) das Unternehmen neu auf.​
World War watchmaking school in Glashütte had visited, Rosenfeld (Zollernalbkreis) the new company.
Ab 1950 bis 1976 war Walter Kießling Gesellschafter und Geschäftsführer der Firma Wilhelm Beutter.​
From 1950 to 1976 was Walter Kießling shareholder and managing director of William Beutter.
Es wurden nach dem 2.​
It was after 2
Weltkrieg zunächst elektrische Großuhren, später wieder Armbanduhren gebaut.​
World War II first electric clocks, watches later built.
Markennamen waren "Berg" und "Bergana".​
Brand names were "mountain" and "Bergana.
Bekannt wurde das Unternehmen in den 70er- und 80er-Jahren durch die Uhren für die Deutsche Fernsehlotterie "Ein Platz an der Sonne".​
The company became famous in the 70s and 80s by the watches for the German Fernsehlotterie "A place in the sun".
Das Sortiment umfasste hochwertige Armbanduhren mit Schweizer und Pforzheimer Werken.​
The range includes high-quality watches with Swiss and Pforzheimer works.
Spezialität waren Gold- und Goldbanduhren, teilweise mit Brillantbesatz.​
Speciality were gold band and gold watches, some with Brillantbesatz.

Die Uhrenproduktion wurde Mitte der 90er-Jahre eingestellt.​
The watch production was the mid-90s.
Heute ist das Unternehmen ein Hersteller von feinmechanischen Komponenten für Luftfahrt, Medizintechnik, Wehrtechnik und Maschinenbau.​
Today, the company is a manufacturer of precision components for aerospace, medical technology, military technology and engineering.

#8 ·
I have seen those kinds of straps in much more recent watches... 80's or 90's would be my guess. One on the nice things about a classic design is it never goes out of style... but one of the bad things is it is much harder to date! ;-)

If we could see the insides we could say more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.