WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Breitling Chronomat

6K views 47 replies 13 participants last post by  arttylux 
#1 ·
Hi all!

I just picked up this little piece. Never thought I would ever own a vintage Breitling but when I found this co-branded Breitling with the Swedish agent Kronometer Stockholm from the 40's I just had to have it.

It runs and winds perfect and the pushers feel amazing.

Don't know much about it, but I do know there is an unsigned venus movement inside(I've heard Breitling didn't sign their movements in the beginning), although I haven't had time to open it up yet but as soon as I do I will post some movement pic.

Meanwhile enjoy these photos and any info about this watch/ref is very welcome.

See less See more
#41 ·
Here are some pictures (phone quality) the best I could do today.
I forgot to take picture of the inside of the back.

The inside of the back lid looks like the
Thread starter's; swirly pattern and no numbers or other markings.

On the back there is written: anti magnetic, waterproof and anti shock or something, and stainless steel. And the numbers: 424346

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#42 ·
It's a Landeron 39:
bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements: Landeron 39
Never before have I seen one with a Shock-Resist.
Landeron 39 can be usually found inside watches made by the Nicolet Watch Co. or one of its sub-brands. Haven't seen one in a watch not made by Nicolet. It's a generic movement though, so anything goes. It's the second Kronometer Stockholm in this forum in the last few weeks. The other one had a Landeron 39 as well.
Quite possibly they were a retailer and the watch was actually made by Nicolet.I have no proof whatsoever to support this theory though, so a loose theory it stays.

Reactions: FrenchKiss
#43 · (Edited)
Breitling did produce a Landeron 39 chronograph in the mid 1940s (ref. 761), but the serial number on that case would date it to mid 30s in the Breitling timeline, too early for a Landeron 39, I think ?

Interesting as there is a well documented relation between Breitling and KS, none I'm aware of w/ Nicolet ....

another riddle we'll probably not solve ...

to add another KS with a Landeron (42 in this case) with a very close aerial, currently on ebay:

edit: that actually might help us a bit, as the ebay KS shows a KXF code, the watch above seem to have KX, maybe a missing character only; would indicate Zodiac & Clebar.

#46 ·
Breitling did produce a Landeron 39 chronograph in the mid 1940s (ref. 761), but the serial number on that case would date it to mid 30s in the Breitling timeline, too early for a Landeron 39, I think ?

Interesting as there is a well documented relation between Breitling and KS, none I'm aware of w/ Nicolet ....

another riddle we'll probably not solve ...

to add another KS with a Landeron (42 in this case) with a very close aerial, currently on ebay:

edit: that actually might help us a bit, as the ebay KS shows a KXF code, the watch above seem to have KX, maybe a missing character only; would indicate Zodiac & Clebar.
Zodiac & Clebar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#45 ·
The part where it's engraved is called the balance cock, what you adjust the watch with is called a regulator.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.