Thread: Camy clubstar watches with unsigned movements.

Camy clubstar watches with unsigned movements.

Hello, first post here. I recently decided to learn about watches properly. I've always had an 'almost pompous' affection for timepieces that don't require batteries to the point where my last battery watch was probably a Thomas the tank or Superman one (i.e. 30 or so years ago.)

So to help me learn I have been buying up loads of cheap broken (or cheap) watches to learn to take them apart and re-assemble again. This of course includes the usual indian redials as well as watches that are never going to reach any saleable condition.

Last week I bought 5 Camy Clubstar watches. These were 'NOS' and sold as not working.

They arrived today and 3 of the 5 seem to be working (12 hours in), 1 works intermittantly and the last one doesn't want to know. They are good looking watches, very good condition bar a couple of blemishes on the faces and the odd light mark on the crystal:

They all have 'signed' crowns:

And they all have signed backs...............

......BUT when opened up I find these 'unsigned' movements that just say 17 jewels. Doesn't say Camy, swiss made, ETA or anything else so my suspicion creeps in that these may now be complete fakes. Not a problem because they were cheap @ 5 each. Are they fake? Are they just real Camy's with franken parts?

Any info would be great. I could then lookup the relevant docs so I can remove some guesswork when ripping...erm I mean dis-assembling them :)

Andy

Vint. Forum Co-Moderator Marrick's Avatar

Re: Camy clubstar watches with unsigned movements.

Hi and welcome.

Look like Russian Poljot movements bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements: Poljot 2609.H

I don't know much about Camy - I had one with an FHF movement while ago, but many had Eta movements. There seem to be a lot about in really good condition. Perhaps someone else will know a bit about them.
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Many of my pictures were posted via Webshots which has now closed - and so have disappeared from WUS. Sorry.

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

Re: Camy clubstar watches with unsigned movements.

Thanks for the reply I will take a look at that link. While I was searching I found this one that looks similar (Chinese it says):
    How To Mechanical Watch Movement

The only defining mark on mine is on the right under the balance wheel. Looks like a crude crown shape or alternately from the side a capital B with a line inbetween the upper and lower sections of the B :)

EDIT: That russian one is identical :) will see if I can find more out about it now.

Many thanks
    Andy
    Last edited by GreenNeedle; December 29th, 2012 at 08:45.

Thread Information