Camy watch

Thread: Camy watch

-->

Camy watch

I saw alot of vintage Camy watches listed on ebay.
    doing a little search on google, I am unable to find much info on Camy Watch SA. info on the forum led me to think their watches are ETA based. am I right?

All I found was info on Raymond Weil and Bedat &C. Is Camy Watch SA still an existing company in Geneve or are they closed after 1976? Can't locate their website and history. Did they become part of Raymond Weil?

Can trouble the experts to give me some history lesson??

BTW: Can someone help me Id the movement attached?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by patryn33; February 13th, 2008 at 06:18.

Re: Camy watch

In the woods in Maine - beyond the realm of "Next Day" anything.

Quoted from Watches Lexic -

CAMY SWISS WATCH, a leading name in watches. This CAMY line is prepared only in automatic version. CAMY is preparing a new automatic line in the scratchproof Tungstene execution and this version will be available from the summer of 1999. CAMY's main markets are the Middle East, the Indian subcontinent and Japan.

I'm not so sure about the 'leading name' bit but I think they are still around...they may be like Benrus in that the name exists absent any bricks and mortar behind it...

I have always liked the Camy Rally King as one of the great '70's excess size and complication designs...

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...LJ:en%26sa%3DN
    Current watch - Sinn 140/142 Lemania 5100

The "cut"

Former watches - Rolex 1503, Rolex 17013 Oysterquartz, 16803 Transitional TT Rolex Submariner, Omega GMT, Yellow Superocean, Navitimer A23322, Breitling Colt Chrono auto, Omega Flightmaster cal 910, Breitling Chronomat 13050.1, Omega Speedo reduced, Breitling Colt II SQ, 2 Omega Speedmasters Mark II (racing dial),T Serial 16613 TT Black Sub, Z Serial 16610 Rolex Sub, 18KT Rolex President 18078, 2 Rolex TT Datejust 1601, 4 Rolex TT Datejust 16013, 2 Rolex TT Submariner 16613, 3 Omega Seamaster Chronos 2599.80, 2 Rolex TT GMT Master II E 16713, Breitling Steelfish, Doxa 5000T Seaconquerer, 5 Omega SMP Bonds, Omega Speedmaster Mark 40, 2 Omega Speedmaster Triple Dates, Heuer Carrera cal 12, Breitling TT Chronomat, Breitling Jupiter Pilot, Breitling Superocean, Breitling Colt II Auto, Omega Planet Ocean 45mm, Two Sea Dwellers, and a bunch of crap

I also have few CAMY watches (about 7) automatics, could not find any one who can repair the darn thing. The repar cost almost waht I have paid for these watches in the UAE.

CAMY is a swiss watch company that sold these watches in UAE, India and Japan only.

amy
    Quote Originally Posted by patryn33 View Post
    I saw alot of vintage Camy watches listed on ebay.
    doing a little search on google, I am unable to find much info on Camy Watch SA. info on the forum led me to think their watches are ETA based. am I right?

All I found was info on Raymond Weil and Bedat &C. Is Camy Watch SA still an existing company in Geneve or are they closed after 1976? Can't locate their website and history. Did they become part of Raymond Weil?

Can trouble the experts to give me some history lesson??

BTW: Can someone help me Id the movement attached?

Thread Information