Thread: Hamilton cld or not.

Hamilton cld or not.

Hi all, have just picked up a bargain Hamilton but not sure if it is a cld or not. It doesn't have cld on the dial like most i have seen but on the back is the US pat 2467062 mark which after some Googling(?) found out is the Hamilton patent for the waterproof case.I know this thread is probably useless without pictures but the watch looks almost identical to this one on ebay. any help appreciated. http://cgi.ebay.com/Hamilton-Nordon-...QQcmdZViewItem

Vintage/PilMil/MKII Moderator JohnF's Avatar

Re: Hamilton cld or not.

Hi -

You're right, we need pictures. Looking almost identical doesn't help: we loooooove pictures... .-)

JohnF
    コスト下げ やる気も一緒に 下げられる

Hi John,
    you are right, a picture does speak a thousand words although with the quality of these photos you may disagree!!( taken on my cell / mobile).
    No pictures of the movement as yet.Unsure of how to remove it. Cheers, Dave.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Mod. Public/Cafe and MaL Ray MacDonald's Avatar

Isn't cld a one piece case? This one looks like it has a screw back or snap back to me.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

I can see no way into the case from the back but there is what looks like small mark from a case opening tool on the watch bezel behind the 12 oclock . Will try and get a better picture posted later.

On the cld watches the Bezel/crystal can be removed and, if the crown is properly oriented, the dial & movement will come out the front.

This watch could be of the "cld" construction but just not marked so on the dial.

Thanks for all the advice. Managed to remove the crystal / bezel and after aligning the crown managed to remove the dail and movement. All very clean. A bargain watch for 15 bucks! Cheers.

Thread Information