Info Requested: Bulova 10k Gold Plated 23 Jewel 6 Adjustments Self Winding

Thread: Info Requested: Bulova 10k Gold Plated 23 Jewel 6 Adjustments Self Winding

cbarcala23

Info Requested: Bulova 10k Gold Plated 23 Jewel 6 Adjustments Self Winding

I have many more and I hope you enjoy seeing them. Any information would be helpful. Thanks! :thanks

Written on the Movement:
    Bulova USA
    23 Jewels
    6 Adjustments
    10BPAC
    Heat-Cold-Isochronism-3 Positions

Written on outside of back case:
    Bulova
    10k Rolled Gold Plate
    Shock Resistant
    Water Proof
    Self Winding
    Anti-Magnetic
    D408347

Written on inside of back case:
    Bulova
    Fifth Ave
    New York

Written on band:
    Speidel USA
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Moderator Emeritus Ray MacDonald's Avatar

Re: Info Requested: Bulova 10k Gold Plated 23 Jewel 6 Adjustments Self Winding

Probably from the 1950s. It's broken from the looks of it. Rotor needs to be replaced on movement. Would cost more to repair than it's worth I'm afraid.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

cbarcala23

Oh, it works once you put that piece back on. Should that piece never be removed?
    1950's, thanks. :)

Yes, this one is from the 1950s. There will be a date code on the back. Possibly something like L5 (for 1955) giving the date of manufacture.

Definitely has a problem with the rotor but the pictures are too blurry to make much out. Sometimes the rotor post broke on these from a shock. In addition to the rotor, it seems to be missing the crown. These were nice watches in their day.

cbarcala23

Thanks very much for your help. Yes, now I see it says L9, therefore 1959 :) Thanks for the tip. I just found another that is L0. I plan on buying a better camera, one with the ability to take pictures close up. This way I can post much better pics at closeup range without that blurriness problem.

Thread Information