Thread: Raymond Weil 18Ct Gold

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Raymond Weil 18Ct Gold

I have a Raymond Weil (Geneve) - Plaque 18 Ct. watch. This watch is ultra-slim and very light to wear..

On backside of watch you will find number "5317-5", with 18K Gold Electroplated and official Raymond Weil engraving.

I would like to know how rare this watch is and how much approximately it will be worth

Thanks!!

ps: i was advised by highstreet retailer that it will be atleast 400-600, but please confirm
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Mod. Public/Cafe and MaL Ray MacDonald's Avatar

Re: Raymond Weil 18Ct Gold

We don't do valuations in this forum. Please read our sticky notes for reasons why.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Apologies Sir, but what is the point in having a forum then...? End of the day its "all about valuation" - else we challenge the whole concept of branding dont we? LOL

Sorry dont take me wrong but I dont see much point talking about leather straps on vintage watch forum site..unless we tie it back to the notion of valuation

Mod. Public/Cafe and MaL Ray MacDonald's Avatar

We don't do it for reasons outlined in our sticky notes. Never have never will. I suggest you try another forum if it bothers you.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Obviously you're not a watch enthusiast

Thousands of posts on WUS per day are ALL about "talking about leather straps" etc. In fact, I think there are entire forums devoted to leather straps.

Vintage/PilMil/MKII Moderator JohnF's Avatar

Hi -

The point about having the forum is to talk about the watches. Sorry that you think you can't separate that out from valuing the watch: not everything is about money. Some like the watches because of a personal connection (heirlooms), others because of the history associated with the watches, others the design and technical aspects.

Some of us are stone cold technology freaks, others want to wear their grandfather's watches, and yet others are simply happy to have a mechanical marvel ticking away on their wrist.

We don't care about branding. Branding is something done to cattle, if I recall properly, and what we care about are the qualities of the thing, to use the philosophical sense, "an sich" and not "für sich".

JohnF

Lot more to watches than mammon. A lot more.

JohnF
    コスト下げ やる気も一緒に 下げられる

Vint. Forum Co-Moderator Marrick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yourronny79 View Post
    Apologies Sir, but what is the point in having a forum then...? End of the day its "all about valuation" - else we challenge the whole concept of branding dont we? LOL

Sorry dont take me wrong but I dont see much point talking about leather straps on vintage watch forum site..unless we tie it back to the notion of valuation
    If you read the posts in here you will see that members enjoy learning about and discussing watches. For example:

Anyone Have Time for a Tweenie ?

If all you are interested in is value - stick it on ebay and see how much it sells for. Easy!
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Many of my pictures were posted via Webshots which has now closed - and so have disappeared from WUS. Sorry.

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

I notice that all of your threads is to question how much your watch is worth. This forum is mainly used to share stories and to share enthusiasm about watches. If theres one thing that I learned from this forum its that watches isn't just about money, its about having a piece of art on your arm. Not sure if this helps, but my gucci has a similar style. Maybe it was the style back then. I know this gucci isn't worth anything, but I love it. It has value to me even if it has no monetary value.

My Collection --> Click Here

Banned

Well said, Kyle! You are VERY grown up for your age!
    Watchcollecting is not about how much money a watch is worth. All collecting is about how to spend your money in the most pleasurable way.

Yourronny! Your watch is not specially rare. It is a gold plated fashion (quartz) watch. If somebodytells you it is worth $$, ask them if they would like to buy from you for for that sum!
    Check out Ebay for the "going rate" for similar watches.
    A Professional valuation by a jeweller or watchmaker is often to high, they want to make you happy (and possibly encourage a servicing).
    Real value is what somebody is prepared to pay or has recently paid.
    Last edited by Janne; January 22nd, 2009 at 04:53.

Yea, it took me 10 minutes to work that out! Just kidding.

My Collection --> Click Here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information