Thread: What SARCAR model is this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What SARCAR model is this?

I just stumbled upon an old SARCAR watch, but I can't figure out what model it is. I would like to know so I could find out what movement is has, if its solid or gold plated, age and everything else about it. But maybe someone here knows all that already:) Would $100 be ok to pay for this watch? (I'm buying from distance so I can't examine it myself, but it's said to work properly).

Anyone know anything about it?

Regards,

Tenwatts
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: What SARCAR model is this?

Sarcar watches were promotional items for the Swedish Auto Racing's version of Nascar... just kidding!

Nice looking watch. But I suspect it is 'generic' and, at $100, it sure isn't solid gold.

Interesting how we fall for watches sometimes... and when we sober up we say, "Why did I ever buy THAT?" ... I suspect this is one of those watches.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Hehehe.. true true. thanks for the answer. Well, I'm gonna try to win it on the auction. And hopefylly find the spec on it later on. I kind of like it even tho I'm sober:)

Cheers

/tenwatts

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tenwatts View Post
    I just stumbled upon an old SARCAR watch, but I can't figure out what model it is. I would like to know so I could find out what movement is has, if its solid or gold plated, age and everything else about it. But maybe someone here knows all that already:) Would $100 be ok to pay for this watch? (I'm buying from distance so I can't examine it myself, but it's said to work properly).

Anyone know anything about it?

Regards,

Tenwatts
    Unless the Sarcar brand has some particular significance to you, then I would advise you to keep looking as watches of a similar age and style can be had for much less on ebay.

Good quality photos showing more detail of the dial, back, hallmarks (if present) and movement may enable a more accurate assessment of the quality of the watch.

...on the other hand...

Sarcar are clearly a quality brand:
    http://www.sarcarwatch.com/
    http://www.sarcar.ch/home.php
    so it might not be such a bad price. However as I said before, there are other watches with that look, but without necessarily a lot of gold content (and does that really matter to you?) that can be easily found for less.
    Last edited by Chascomm; March 17th, 2009 at 03:40.

Well, I kinda like the idea of having an old Sarcar just because it was made before they started to focus on putting on all the diamonds and over-do them (just my opinion:)) But as u say, there are lots of similar watches at a low price. Well... not so low right now for a Swede because of the dollar being so darn expensive, and from non EU countries we pay +25% tax. Also I find it hard to bid with confidence on ebay. Maybe I'm too suspicious.

I found this in Sweden, so it was simpler. And one nice thing is that I got it at $50. But the cost for restoring it into atleast an ok standard might be costly. I have no clue yet, I first have to find someone who can do it:)

As for the gold-look. I wish this watch was in steel (thats what I'm normally looking for, but this time the brand weighed heavier than the gold:)

Cheers,

Tenwatts

I must admit, i have a soft spot for Sarcar.Their watches are hugely expensive now and they seem to have been concentrating on the high end Asian/Arab market for sales.However i believe they have opened a boutique in Beverly Hills (i think) last year, so should now get some American exposure.Heres a couple of 18ct ultrathins i own, this model is called "Glorium"

We have seen this ultra thin design before... but it wasn't a Sarcar ... hummmmm.... well, the nice thing about WUS is someone else will post it before I can remember it...

You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Omega "Dinosaure"? Concord "Delirium"?! There were several like that - ultra thin quartz watches of the late seventies.

Hartmut Richter

The Concord! Looked almost identical to this watch. tnx!

Hartmut is nearly correct, they are all based on a ETA designed movement used by Longines, Concord, Eterna, IWC, Sarcar, but not the Dinosaure, that was completely different in design and execution (and thinner)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information