WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Ww2 Tissot. Help Needed!

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  JohnF 
#1 ·
Any idea about this Tissot watch? Please help me out value it.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
PIOTR MALECKI said:
I don't have a list of Tissot serial numbers or calibres but the movement looks very similar to Omega calibres from the 1940s. I would agree it's from World War II as I don't think anyone would make a dial with a picture of ****** and Mussolini (?) on it after the war.
It should have a center second hand but I can't see it in the photograph.
No idea on value. Maybe collectors of military history might be interested. It depends on your attitude towards Fascist dictators I suppose. :-S

#3 ·
PIOTR MALECKI said:
You didn't happen to pick up this watch from a Ukrainian by any chance? The reason I ask is that Ukrainian-modified 'cartoon watches' (i.e. with illustrated dial) are well known over on the Russian watch forum. It's a sort of value-adding (I use the term loosely) for the tourist market.

#4 ·
Hi -

Not going to be worth too much unless the buyer is indeed a fan of the two.

It's not an issued watch (the Germans and Italians, unlike the Russians, didn't use watches in this way) for propaganda purposes, and hence it's an after-market modification that if anything detracts from the value of the watch.

Agree with Ray that these Tissot movements are usually excellent and comparable in many ways to Omega of the period.

But with that picture?

Sorry.

JohnF

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.