Alan Furman - Breitling Manufacturer's Warranty
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Watchbreath
  • 2 Post By Avantgardetime17

Thread: Alan Furman - Breitling Manufacturer's Warranty

Alan Furman - Breitling Manufacturer's Warranty

I am interested in purchasing a new Breitling watch, and I spoke with one of the sales reps at Alan Furman (AF) today. He expressly stated that although AF is not an authorized Breitling dealer, any Breitling watch I purchase from AF will still come with the activated Breitling electronic warranty card. Has anyone purchased a Breitling from AF who can confirm that this is in fact accurate, and that Breitling will actually honor the warranty? It was always my understanding that a Breitling manufacturer's warranty was not available through grey market dealers, so I'm not sure how AF can offer this and I'm a little confused. If this is true, then I would happily purchase the watch through AF because they are offering prices well below what my local AD is offering, but if not, I can find lower grey market prices elsewhere. Thank you!

Re: Alan Furman - Breitling Manufacturer's Warranty

Quote Originally Posted by LakeGirl View Post
    I am interested in purchasing a new Breitling watch, and I spoke with one of the sales reps at Alan Furman (AF) today. He expressly stated that although AF is not an authorized Breitling dealer, any Breitling watch I purchase from AF will still come with the activated Breitling electronic warranty card. Has anyone purchased a Breitling from AF who can confirm that this is in fact accurate, and that Breitling will actually honor the warranty? It was always my understanding that a Breitling manufacturer's warranty was not available through grey market dealers, so I'm not sure how AF can offer this and I'm a little confused. If this is true, then I would happily purchase the watch through AF because they are offering prices well below what my local AD is offering, but if not, I can find lower grey market prices elsewhere. Thank you!
    No but I bought a Longines from Swiss Watches direct recently who also do Breitling. I had an issue and took it to my local AD with the card and it was sent off and repaired under warranty no problems.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Unless there're have been major changes, since I sold Breitling (2002-2007), that is 'bull-manure'.
    Dan_957 likes this.

The warranty card is normally validated at a normal jewellers so nobody knows that it is a grey purchase unless you tell them. I've bought Omega and Longines this way and each time it has a normal jewellers details on the card.

Sent from my SM-T815 using Tapatalk

As far as I'm aware the Breitling digital warranty card has to be activated by an AD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In the collection:
    Breitling SuperOcean Heritage 42 with Ocean Classic Bracelet
    Omega Speedmaster Automatic 3150.50
    Guess WaterPro Chronograph 42mm (whole lot of history)
    Invicta 8926OB

In the garage:

2013 Audi A4 6MT Sport Package with a few modifications
    2016 Audi Q3 (hers)

The only way Alan Furman can get those watches is with an activated warranty e-Card. Only ADs have access to the readers and the encoding capability. I am sure he buys the watches off ADs looking to unload unsold inventory.
    JackThursby and umarrajs like this.

I would ask to see the warranty card for the watch that you are interested in and see when it was activated. Unless they are going to source the particular watch that you want.

Warranties are valid for five years, but need to be checked at Breitling every two years. As long as it's activated, then Breitling would warranty any defect regardless of owner. Warranty follows the watch.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Thread Information