Blackbird has come back from service with different coloured hands. Should I keep them?
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Blackbird has come back from service with different coloured hands. Should I keep them?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Blackbird has come back from service with different coloured hands. Should I keep them?

Hi All,

I sent my Blackbird Blacksteel to Breitling in London to be fixed (the top chronograph pusher had stopped working).

They've given it back to me with a full service which includes replacing the hands. But now the small chronograph hands are black where they should be red.

I'm undecided about whether I prefer the look, but do you think I should have them changed back to the original out of principle to maintain value?

Or might the black hands, fitted by Breitling, make my watch more of a rarity?

Thanks for the help.

JT
    Ragna likes this.

Re: Blackbird has come back from service with different coloured hands. Should I keep them?

I guarantee it will lead to questions about authenticity later on if you want to sell the watch. If you do decide to keep them, make sure you have official paperwork that shows precisely what they did.
    raja_3012 and Ragna like this.
    Breitling A13330 | Breitling A13024.1 | Breitling A35330 | Breitling A68362 | Girard-Perregaux 49585-11-131-BA6A | Officine Panerai PAM 116 | Officine Panerai PAM 069 | Omega 3570.40 | Omega 3570.50 | Omega 3569.31 | Rolex 116610

Re: Blackbird has come back from service with different coloured hands. Should I keep them?

Quote Originally Posted by arcadelt View Post
    I guarantee it will lead to questions about authenticity later on if you want to sell the watch. If you do decide to keep them, make sure you have official paperwork that shows precisely what they did.
    Exactly what he said. It's not going to increase the value of your watch either since I'm sure there will be plenty of others that will eventually have the same look if this is what Breitling is doing.

No way, the red hands make the dial pop, my guess is that they used the incorrect hands. I would send it back.

Regards,

Ren

I would send it back to be corrected. no way should they just change the look of the watch without telling you. If it's their practice to update, they should get approval ahead of time - if they don't have the correct hands in stock, they should inform you of a wait time or give you the option. Don't just accept this, as mentioned, it may not affect resale value, but it'll definitely invite some authenticity questions.
    ROLEX PANERAI OMEGA BREMONT HEUER MONTBLANC

Have them fix it. The red hands look great against the black.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Send it back. No problems in the future.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Got pics? I want to compare, please. :)

I also say send it back. You spent a lot of money for them to be pulling that kind of stuff. Reeks of laziness.

Write in a complaint to Breitling. They may do a partial refund on the servicing fee.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information