Breitlight Case material
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Breitlight Case material

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Breitlight Case material

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere. Looking at the Breitling Hurricane with the Breitlight case. can anyone tell me if this material is new and unproven or has been around a while and I should have no hesitation going for one. i also don't know if the case has any internal threads that will compare with traditional materials.

The watch looks great and the marketing machine at Breitling have done a good job. I don't normally like to be at the front of the queue, I am old enough to know that leading edge can sometimes be bleeding edge. i also know that the job of the salesman is to conceal the reason your should not buy the product. Having said this, I have great respect for Breitling's engineering.

My gut feeling say's wait until the material has earned a good reputation. I accept of course that many of you will know much more about this.

Thank you all.
    Ragna likes this.

Re: Breitlight Case material

With Breitling's name on the front, I doubt they would have brought a product to market without years of development and testing.
    Reading from the speil, Breitlight is lighter than titanium and steel and harder too so your concern about threads being stripped sounds more unlikely than the steel/Ti counterparts.
    I'd jump to the front of the queue and bag one if it floats your boat.
    Cheers,
    Andy
    Hidden Content There are no pockets in shrouds

I just returned from Las Vegas, where I spent some quality time at the Breitling Boutique. Had a chance to check out the Avenger Hurricane. I must say, the lightness of the Breitlight case is a bit eerie -- it really does feel like you have nothing on your wrist! I agree with Andy -- I would expect that Breitling would not introduce a new case material that didn't meet some pretty exacting standards. It's a great looking watch, BTW.

One other note -- I was told that Breitling will be introducing 45mm versions of the 12-hour Hurricane in the very near future (black dial & yellow dial).
    CaptRimmer and Ragna like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmaster View Post
    One other note -- I was told that Breitling will be introducing 45mm versions of the 12-hour Hurricane in the very near future (black dial & yellow dial).
    Read that as "I've got one on order!"......................
    Can't wait to see one on your wrist soon Jim........

Cheers,
    Andy
    Jazzmaster and Ragna like this.
    Hidden Content There are no pockets in shrouds

Quote Originally Posted by CaptRimmer View Post
    Read that as "I've got one on order!"......................
    Can't wait to see one on your wrist soon Jim........

Cheers,
    Andy
    LOL!!! Actually, Andy, I showed uncharacteristic restraint this time around. Also saw the new SOH II, the new Navi Rattrapante, and a rendering of the new Green MOP-Dial B50. Too many options to consider!

Cheers,
    Jim
    Last edited by Jazzmaster; April 11th, 2017 at 15:16.
    CaptRimmer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmaster View Post
    I just returned from Las Vegas, where I spent some quality time at the Breitling Boutique. Had a chance to check out the Avenger Hurricane. I must say, the lightness of the Breitlight case is a bit eerie -- it really does feel like you have nothing on your wrist! I agree with Andy -- I would expect that Breitling would not introduce a new case material that didn't meet some pretty exacting standards. It's a great looking watch, BTW.

At least one 45mm version in yellow is already at the New York Boutique! I haven't had a chance to see it in person, but if it is literally a smaller version, that is my next watch for sure. Breitling quality, manufacture chrono column wheel/vertical clutch movement, tough, light case & permanent all-black Darth Vader-coolness... what's not to like!

It's very nice to wear, and high on my list. It's actually a little too light, I do like some sort of weight on a big watch, but I doubt there will ever be an issue with the material
    Ragna likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemon328i View Post
    At least one 45mm version in yellow is already at the New York Boutique! I haven't had a chance to see it in person, but if it is literally a smaller version, that is my next watch for sure. Breitling quality, manufacture chrono column wheel/vertical clutch movement, tough, light case & permanent all-black Darth Vader-coolness... what's not to like!
    It's new on the website. https://www.breitling.com/en/models/...-hurricane-45/

Quote Originally Posted by Roth517 View Post
    About time! It was a "worse kept secret" every time I visited the Boutique or large retailer.

Yes, I agree. Unfortunately, it's the same price as the 50mm, at least on the website.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information