Breitling Avenger Blackbird Special Edition
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Breitling Avenger Blackbird Special Edition

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Breitling Avenger Blackbird Special Edition

Curious about everyone's thoughts about this watch. I am considering pulling the trigger on one. I have searched the forums and haven't seen much on this watch. It says it is a limited edition does anyone know how many pieces? Anyone have wrist shots of one? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by paddlewatch; September 14th, 2014 at 15:58. Reason: Changing limited to special

Re: Breitling Avenger Blackbird Limited Edition

It is a "Special Edition" not a limited edition.
    Special Editions are not limited to a certain number like Limited Editions are.
    My personal opinion is not that favourable but that's simply because I'm not too keen on titanium, got enough of it in my foot two months ago plus I like to feel the weight of a watch on my wrist.
    I'm also weary of PVD/DLC coated watches, too afraid of scratches becoming really noticeable and for me at least it is just a matter of time and inevitable. Last but not least at 48mm it is just way too big for me.
    Not a bad looking watch though and had it been in steel and at 44mm my thoughts would be different but then it would be Avenger Seawoolf or Colt Automatic.
    The Cal 17 movement inside is a well proven work horse so if you like the look and it is not too big for you then go for it!
    It is just a matter of time....

Quote Originally Posted by wessa View Post
    My personal opinion is not that favourable but that's simply because I'm not too keen on titanium, got enough of it in my foot two months ago plus I like to feel the weight of a watch on my wrist.
    I'm also weary of PVD/DLC coated watches, too afraid of scratches becoming really noticeable and for me at least it is just a matter of time and inevitable. Last but not least at 48mm it is just way too big for me.
    ^ I second these thoughts. He may be talking about this one though...

Blackbird Chronograph Limited Edition Blacksteel:
    This year, the famous watchmaking house Breitling has announced its new captivating watch, called Blackbird Chronograph Limited Edition Blacksteel. The watch is proposed with a stainless steel case, which grabs attention with its high-tech Diamond Like Carbon coating.

The new Breitling watch is framed by a bezel, featuring a DLC treatment with an extremely attractive matte finish. The latter helps to avoid the risk of scratching. The case, the crown and the pushers are also DLC-coated.

Similar to all watches from this brand, the Blackbird is designed around a manufactory-made self-winding chronograph movement - Caliber 44, officially chronometer-certified by the COSC. Embellished with 38 jewels, the movement features a balance wheel, moving back and forth at 28,800 vibrations per hour. The mechanism provides the functions of 1/4th of a second chronograph, with 30-minute and 12-hour totalizers.

Name:  blackbird-chronograph-limited-edition-blacksteel-watch.jpg
Views: 3760
Size:  41.9 KB
    Breitling Headwind
    Hamilton Scuba
    Fortis Spacematic
    Hamilton ETO
    Rolex Datejust 18k/SS
    Hamilton X-Patrol

^That one is the Blackbird. It is not the "Avenger" Blackbird. Being an owner of that ^ BB, just in brushed silver finish, I am offended that Breitling is using the BB name so liberally. For a long time it was a tacticool version of the Chronomat with an all black dial. Now it is just a giant hunk of titanium with no chrono.
    Last edited by Jrsnow; September 14th, 2014 at 10:19.

I've seen it & worn it. It looks really good and feels good on the wrist, I also love the black military strap, which is actually the most comfortable military strap I've worn. But, because of the price difference, I chose the colt automatic and I'm really loving it.
    Breitling Colt Automatic (2014)
    Citizen Eco-Drive Diver's
    Luminox Sentry All Black
    Stührling Prestige (199/200)
    Fossil Machine
    Fossil Grant

Thank you for making the correction that it is special edition and not limited edition. I have been getting the limited vs special confused given the free use of the blackbird name. It would be my first Breitling maybe I will look at the one posted above.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrsnow View Post
    ^That one is the Blackbird. It is not the "Avenger" Blackbird. Being an owner of that ^ BB, just in brushed silver finish, I am offended that Breitling is using the BB name so liberally. For a long time it was a tacticool version of the Chronomat with an all black dial. Now it is just a giant hunk of titanium with no chrono.
    Breitling naming is quite confusing... both watches are beautiful but I don't like coatings on watches or titanium, myself.
    Breitling Headwind
    Hamilton Scuba
    Fortis Spacematic
    Hamilton ETO
    Rolex Datejust 18k/SS
    Hamilton X-Patrol

I saw one at the Breitling boutique and it looked very cool. I didnt handle it but saw it in the case. It has a lot going for it looks wise so if it ticks all your boxes then I say go for it!

Regards,

Ren

This is a Breitling Blackbird Limited Edition, mine is 2012/2000. I love my watch !!!

Forgot the caseback picture where it shows (2012/2000). I too don’t like the lightness of Titanium, I like to feel the weight of my watches.
    This one is only 44mm, and wears great !!!
    O2AFAC67, wessa and Dienekes like this.
    It's going to be a looong day tomorrow, it's gonna last 24 hours...

Hidden Content

I have the Blackbird Blacksteel above and it has very few dinks or marks after 2 years of hard use. There are few pictures on here of mine if you search for them. It spoke to me at time of buying and still does and vies with an IWC 3717 for wrist time - pretty much sharing the spoils.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information