Breitling Avenger II Lume and Pics Request
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BiggerJon

Thread: Breitling Avenger II Lume and Pics Request

Breitling Avenger II Lume and Pics Request

Hello! Well I am interested in the Breitling Avenger II and by googling I simply cannot find any good lume shots of the Avenger II Chronograph, both with the baton style dial or the arabic numeral style dial.

I have yet to go to an AD and look at these watches in person and try one on to see how it fits, but I must admit I like the look of the watch if it fits.

If anyone could post pics of their Avenger II, lume shots for sure, but any misc pics would be appreciated as well. Input on the watch is also welcome of course!

Looking at these two black dial versions, but may be interested in the blue dial/arabic numerals when I see it in person.

Re: Breitling Avenger II Lume and Pics Request

Is the Avenger II the least popular of all Breitlings or? I mean of course I know that the Navitimer and Chronomat are some of the most popular Breitlings, but maybe I misread a certain degree of love for the Avengers?

I have an Avenger II Seawolf I could show you... I don't know if that will help you though.

I will say that this lume shot was from walking outside for about three minutes. No flashlight was used to charge it up. It will last all night too. I love the Aenger II also; great watch.

20170319_102350 by Jon, on Flickr
    Wolfy1909 likes this.

Thank you for the reply and posting a picture, your Avenger II Seawolf is awesome! I cannot tell if the Avenger II with arabic numerals has little spots of lume outside of them like on the Seawolf. It does not appear to have it like the Seawolf does, and rather appears to only have tiny spots of lume a 6, 9, and 12. As opposed to the baton dial Avenger II appearing to have lume marking 1,2,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11, and 12 (all except 3 where the date window sits).

The Avenger II is a great watch. Love it. I prefer the baton markers for a bit cleaner dial. Both look good though. There are a lot of nice Breitlings, unfortunately my wrist size limits my choices. Here is a photo on my 6.5" wrist.
    I'll try and get a lume shot for you tomorrow.

Name:  IMG_0311.JPG
Views: 75
Size:  1.10 MB
    BREITLING - Avenger II (Breitling 13 / Valjoux 7750)
    DAMASKO - DA38 Black (ETA 2836-2)
    SEIKO
    - SKX007 (7S26)
    STOWA
    - Marine Original (Unitas 6498-1)
    TAG HEUER - 2000 Classic (Quartz)

I am definitely leaning towards the baton marker version because it looks so clean, and appears to have more excellent lume on all markers. My wrist is small as well - smaller than yours (6.3"), so I am *hoping* I can pull it off. If not, I guess I will have to reevaluate where to go from there. I don't know how people get larger wrists because through all of my working out, my wrists are always the same size. Forearms get bigger, but not the wrist lol maybe I am just not going hard enough at working out...

While I believe you may be able to reduce your wrist size (ie losing weight), I doubt that you can increase it...haha. It's a watch that has significant wrist presence, that's one of the reasons that I bought it.

Here's a pitch black lume shot. If you have any other questions, fire away. Ultimately you need to see and feel it on your wrist to make the best choice.

. Name:  IMG_0397.JPG
Views: 63
Size:  548.8 KB
    BREITLING - Avenger II (Breitling 13 / Valjoux 7750)
    DAMASKO - DA38 Black (ETA 2836-2)
    SEIKO
    - SKX007 (7S26)
    STOWA
    - Marine Original (Unitas 6498-1)
    TAG HEUER - 2000 Classic (Quartz)

Thank you very much! Exactly the picture I have been looking for that is NO WHERE else on the internet (that I could find).

Quote Originally Posted by DoTheDew View Post
    Hello! Well I am interested in the Breitling Avenger II and by googling I simply cannot find any good lume shots of the Avenger II Chronograph, both with the baton style dial or the arabic numeral style dial.

I have yet to go to an AD and look at these watches in person and try one on to see how it fits, but I must admit I like the look of the watch if it fits.

If anyone could post pics of their Avenger II, lume shots for sure, but any misc pics would be appreciated as well. Input on the watch is also welcome of course!

Looking at these two black dial versions, but may be interested in the blue dial/arabic numerals when I see it in person.

Not a lame pic, but here's my Seawolf.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information