Breitling Celebs - Page 5
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Breitling Celebs

Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    rik

Re: Breitling Celebs

I got one, I got one, and it's only the king of cool himself, Samuel L Jackson! 7 mins into 'The 51st State' there's a nice close-up of him operating some sort of switch, which is also a close up of (and I'll leave it to the experts for a definitive id.) a black faced (could be dark blue but I'm guessing that's the sapphire) Blackbird with white sub dials and a UTC(?)

Can't get a pic because I'm watching on my hard drive recorder and I can't grab stills from that - sorry Gav.

Now if 51st State was made after Pulp Fiction (I was going to insert an anti-Tarrantino rant here, but can't be bothered!) perhaps we can thank Mr Travolta for converting someone else to Breitling?

Chalk up a goodie for Rik (and I didn't get this one out of a magazine!)

(PS I cycled from Bideford to Woolacombe and back yesterday - 45.5 miles - nothing to do with watches but it was hot and there were hills. And stinging nettles. And I just wanted to tell someone!)
    Last edited by rik; August 2nd, 2007 at 02:25.
    The buck doesn't even slow down here.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Pil-Mil, Breitling Forum Moderator O2AFAC67's Avatar

Off Topic post Hi, Rik. I best go out and rent this straight away!!..

Quote Originally Posted by rik View Post
    I got one, I got one, and it's only the king of cool himself, Samuel L Jackson! 7 mins into 'The 51st State' there's a nice close-up of him operating some sort of switch, which is also a close up of (and I'll leave it to the experts for a definitive id.) a black faced (could be dark blue but I'm guessing that's the sapphire) Blackbird with white sub dials and a UTC(?)

Can't get a pic because I'm watching on my hard drive recorder and I can't grab stills from that - sorry Gav.

Now if 51st State was made after Pulp Fiction (I was going to insert an anti-Tarrantino rant here, but can't be bothered!) perhaps we can thank Mr Travolta for converting someone else to Breitling?

Chalk up a goodie for Rik (and I didn't get this one out of a magazine!)

(PS I cycled from Bideford to Woolacombe and back yesterday - 45.5 miles - nothing to do with watches but it was hot and there were hills. And stinging nettles. And I just wanted to tell someone!)
    Not that we need verification or doubt the veracity of your find. After all, anyone who would consider an anti-Tarrantino rant is a mate in my book. And a brave one at that. 45 miles of stinging nettles? :oops: Good on ya'!!
    Cheers,
    Ron
    Hidden Content
    " The Sailor Who Fell From Grace With The Sea " Hidden Content

Click to view: Hidden Content or... Hidden Content or... Hidden Content

Here's the best Rusty Wallace + Breitling photo I could find. I can't identify the model, but maybe someone else can.

Also, of interest, his son (and Busch Series team driver) Steven was beaten by 3 men in Indianapolis a week or two ago in an attempt to steal his watch, a gift from Breitling for winning his second pole-position a few months earlier.

They didn't make off with the watch.
    Attached Images Attached Images

- Steve

Arnold Swarzenegger wore a Bentley on the Fox new channel show Hannity & Holmes.

Unless I missed him, Emeril Lagasse is a Navitimer wearer, I think I have seen a Doxa on his wrist too

Ouch - that SC shot is painful. It's my watch and I took it so it is my fault. One of my first digital shots with a crappy camera. Here is a better shot of that one.

rik

The Mail On Sunday's 'LIVE' Magazine has come up trumps again this week with not one but three Bretiling references:

No 1 and a NEW celeb for the list: A rap artist by the name of 'Dizzee Rascal' is quoted thus:

'I love my gold Breitling with the big face - I wear it all the time.'

No idea of the model, there is a pic of a gold windrider with a black face but it could just be a stock shot.

No 2 Pic of Jack Osbourne sporting his E on diver pro but he's already on the list.

No 3 Some celeb chef called James something describes John Travolta as 'that old bloke you see on the back of glossy magazines standing by his plane wearing his free Breitling watch'. Ooh, someone sounds jealous!
    The buck doesn't even slow down here.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I have to say there are a distinct lack of woman wearing breitling.....dont you think? Was fairly sure Trinny Woodall was wearing one, but now think it may be rolex submariner.....?

Don't have a photo, but on my recent trip to Seville my partner bought "Hola" magazine (Spanish Version of "Hello") and Prince Fillipe of Spain was wearing a Breitling on a Black Rubber Strap. Couldn't make out the exact model but definitely a B.
    He'd also, according to the article been participating in the Breitling Cup (Sailing Race).

Best wishes,

Verner

I was watching "Real Football Factories" last night.
    It's a program about football hooligans, anyway they were concentrating on Dutch Football Hooligans and their culture, when they interviewed a DJ/Music Producer called DJ Paul Elstak, who is heavily involved with the "Gabber Music" Scene. Which I believe is a part of the "hooligans" culture. (Correct me if I am mistaken, please).
    He was wearing a very nice Cross-Winds and kept flashing it at the camera.
    Not sure if this equates to being a celebrity, maybe some of our Dutch friends on here could enlighten us more,

Best wishes,

Verner

Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information