breitling colt chrono quartz II

Thread: breitling colt chrono quartz II

Banned

breitling colt chrono quartz II

hello
    i have a breitling colt chrono quartz II and i have noticed that the date is changing in 1 and not in 12 like it should be...is it normal?
    it there some thing i should do to fix it?
    btw...what do you think about the watch?
    a lot of people that saw it said it looks like the chepest breitling model and i coudnt find many fans for it....

Breitling Forum Moderator O2AFAC67's Avatar

Off Topic post Re: breitling colt chrono quartz II

Quote Originally Posted by wselector View Post
    hello
    i have a breitling colt chrono quartz II and i have noticed that the date is changing in 1 and not in 12 like it should be...is it normal?
    it there some thing i should do to fix it?
    btw...what do you think about the watch?
    a lot of people that saw it said it looks like the chepest breitling model and i coudnt find many fans for it....
    Hi, wselector. The Colt Chrono Quartz II is an absolutely excellent timepiece endowed with not only the incredible caliber B73 Superquartz movement but also with the same build quality and attention to detail as are all Breitling pieces. It is perhaps not quite as popular as some of the other more oft mentioned pieces because most enthusiasts who desire a non-mechanical Chronograph in the Aeromarine series have leaned toward the CA M-1 and its replacement, the Avenger Seawolf Chrono. These two are slightly larger in diameter than your 41.1mm Colt Chrono, but beside size and aesthetic (taste?) differences the watches are essentially the same except for case material. Before the ASW chrono replaced the CA M-1, the Colt Chrono Quartz was the only 316L SS case (other than Emergency Mission) housing the B73 because the M-1 was Ti. All in all, the Colt Chrono Quartz II is certainly an equal to the rest of the Brand's lineup and definitely provides more "bang for the buck" than any quartz chronograph in the WORLD in my humble opinion. Enjoy it and wear it in good health!
    Best,
    Ron

PS. The date change feature on any piece is somewhat of a "coarse" mechanical function, meaning the actual change to the next day is seldom accomplished right at TDC (Top Dead Center) of the hands position. My mechanical Chronomat Evolution begins to change about four minutes before midnite and "clicks over" sometimes a minute prior to midnite. My daughter's Superquartz B-class begins to change date a couple of minutes before midnite but actually "clicks over" at one minute after midnite. Same with my wife's Superquartz Callisto. If that's what you mean by 1 and not 12 then your watch is working perfectly. If it clicks over at 1 a.m. then you have a service issue. I suspect you meant the former and not the latter...

" The Sailor Who Fell From Grace With The Sea "

Click to view: 500px Photo Gallery "Flow" or... Gallery or... Breitling Pics Slideshow

Banned

Re: breitling colt chrono quartz II

thanks ron for the answer...i really start to like the colt chrono even that the size thing is a little bothering me.
    hope i will get use to it.
    regards,

If I may, I've been wondering how the chrono works on the Colt Chrono, especially the minutes part, is there an extra minute hand in the center as there doesn't appear to be a sub-counter for minutes? I'm thinking the top right sub-counter measures 1/10th increments, but does it rotate all the time or only kicks in when you stop the chrono so as to not use up too much battery ? Thanks !

One of the dumbest things I have done concerning my watches was selling my Colt Chrono for my Skyland. I should have bought the Skyland and kept the Colt. I miss this watch and I hope to buy one back into the fold. Do not consider this a poor mans Breitling, it is a great watch. Enjoy in best health, and if you like it do not let anybody change your mind. Take this from someone who knows, if it speaks to you that is all that matters. Voice of experience here!!!
    Best, Frank
    "Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass....
    it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

I have the exact same watch (except with a blue dial) It may be the cheaper of the Breitlings but it's more expensive then most watches worn by people today. I happen to like the look as it looks technical and yet sophisicated. Also, It will still get you into the breitling tents at airshows just like the more expensive Breitlings.

Steve

That's interesting, didn't know a Breitling watch could get you into their tent at a show, will wear my Aerospace the next time!

Anyway my Maurice Lacroix equivalent came in, if you want to check it out click the link in my sig

Quote Originally Posted by webvan View Post
    That's interesting, didn't know a Breitling watch could get you into their tent at a show, will wear my Aerospace the next time!

Anyway my Maurice Lacroix equivalent came in, if you want to check it out click the link in my sig
    Yes I read it somewhere here on this forum. Unfortunately, I've never seen a Breitling tent at any airshow I've been to. So I've never done it myself.

There was one at the Paris show last June, didn't have m'y aerospace at the time though!

Thread Information