Breitling Service
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Huttfuzz

Thread: Breitling Service

Breitling Service

Hi all, it's been a while since I posted anything here, but I need advice and figured this is the best place to ask. I want to have my Seawolf serviced and I like the idea of sending it directly to Breitling USA rather than trust a local jeweler. The catch is BUSA is not specific about the cost of service and only states that they will issue a "quote". I then have an option to accept or refuse the quote. If I refuse, they charge $30. Has anyone had experience having their watch serviced by BUSA? What can I expect to pay? My watch is generally in good condition, lightly worn, a few scratches on the case and bracelet and it loses about 20-30 seconds each day. It's almost 10 years old and has never been serviced before. Is it worth it to have BUSA do the job versus an authorized dealer? Appreciate any advice I can get.

Re: Breitling Service

I do not think it is worth it to have them do it. If you can find a reputable independent guy, they will do it for less and do it in a fraction of the amount of time. Breitling will charge about 500 to do it.

I've had my ancient Aerospace serviced several times by their authorised service centre in the U.K. It's never cheap, though accounting for inflation the price is always about the same. But my experience is that if there's anything wrong with it they simply replace the entire movement. I reckon I'm probably on my third movement now. Would an independent do the same?
    Last edited by G550driver; April 21st, 2017 at 00:25.
    G550

I would trust Breitling with it unless you have a reputable watchmaker available. 3 hand movements are not that expensive to service.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    WatchILuv likes this.

I paid $485 in November 2016 for service on my Colt automatic - non chronograph. That included a full overhaul of the movement, replacement parts at no extra charge, and full polish of the case and bracelet.

COZ

I have sent one watch (mechanical chronograph) in to BUSA for a complete overhaul as the piece was about 8 years old. They did a good job, came back looking new but wasn't cheap. I think they quote your Seawolf at $490 for complete overhaul (not including some parts like a new crystal if needed, they will replace hands at no extra charge though). If you plan on keeping it for a while I would go ahead and do a complete overhaul, then you know it is running and looking like new again.

Don't know how much less it would be through an independent watchmaker, but they usually can't get access to Breitling parts if needed. It sounds like your Seawolf is in pretty good shape, just running slow and in need of polish/brushing, so maybe a good lubrication and timing adjustment may do the trick.

Let us know what you decide and how it worked out, good luck!

Breitling servicing is not cheap, but the watch will come back looking brand new, if it has been 10 years I would bite the bullet and send it to Breitling. I'm sure you will not regret it!

I've used BUSA and been extremely happy with them. Yes, they are very pricing, but worth it.

If you're trying to save some $$$, try Rik at Time Care Inc. He is very reasonable and does GREAT work too. He's currently service my Limited Edition Omega for half the cost Omega would charge.

Thread Information