Thread: Breitling Watch - what is the model??

Breitling Watch - what is the model??

Hello! All,

I have inherited this watch but not sure what is the model of this watch. I have tried looking up on Breitling's website but I have not been able to find it there. All I know that this watch was purchased in mid 90's. It would be appreciated if anyone can please tell me what is the model of this watch or point me to somewhere on the internet where I can find more information and also what would be its current value now. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Thanks.

Re: Breitling Watch - what is the model??

Chronomat...?

Quote Originally Posted by BreitLight View Post
    Chronomat...?
    Thanks BreitLight, it does look like one of the chronomat but it does not show up in the "Breitling Chronomat" a short history thread here. Any idea with regards to the current value of this watch?

Cheers.

Breitling Forum Moderator SnapIT's Avatar

Close but no cigar... its a Chrono Callisto circa 1995 with Breitling calibre 11 - basis Lémania 1873. Look at the pushers and crown, if it is the Lemania 1873 they will be off set to the front/back ( _ -- _ ) of the case.

A couple of relevant images in this article by Altro.. although I don't think yours is a display back version (just the second watch in the post).

Breitling Display Back Models
    Cheers,
    SnapIT

Seize the day, it ain't coming around again. . . .
    Click to check for the correct time around the world..

Quote Originally Posted by ladonga View Post
    Thanks BreitLight, it does look like one of the chronomat but it does not show up in the "Breitling Chronomat" a short history thread here. Any idea with regards to the current value of this watch?

Cheers.
    I tried...was just a guess :)

Hello ladonga,

SnapIT is right! (as always)
    You are the proud owner of a manual-wind Callisto Chrono of the 1980s-90s.

More information is available here:
    The Breitling Callisto Chrono

Sorry as we usually do not discuss valuations here.

Cheers,
    Don

Firstly apologies for asking for the value of the watch as I have just read that you are not suppose to do that in the forum so sorry about that.

Thanks a lot guys you have been very helpful. Now I know that it is a Windrider Chrono Callisto model.

@Don Indiano My watch is exactly like yours apart from it has gold rider tabs so this would be considered as two-tone or only steel? I gather from the link you have provided that there were about 25000 made so can it be considered as vintage/rare?

Cheers.

I'd certainly consider it a vintage piece. That's just because I prefer the newer models...so anything older than mid 90's is "vintage" to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ladonga View Post
    @Don Indiano My watch is exactly like yours apart from it has gold rider tabs so this would be considered as two-tone or only steel? I gather from the link you have provided that there were about 25000 made so can it be considered as vintage/rare?
    You're welcome!

Yes, with the gold accents on the bezel (the "rider tabs" are probably in solid gold), Breitling would refer to this model as "two-tone".

I read somewhere (on the Internet, so that must be true ) that a vintage watch is either a 15+ year old watch, or one that is no longer produced...
    Either way, the Callisto Chrono fits those categories quite nicely (and since Breitling cannot source this movement any more, changes of a faithful re-edition are very small!) so, based on that, this qualifies as a vintage model.

It is not notably rare, and you can find some for sale on your favorite action site more often that not.

Cheers,
    Don

Thread Information