Chronomat B-01 hairspring made of ????
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By raja_3012
  • 2 Post By stuffler,mike

Thread: Chronomat B-01 hairspring made of ????

Banned

Chronomat B-01 hairspring made of ????

Anyone one know the movement in terms of hairspring material antimagnetic and shock protection.

Re: Chronomat B-01 hairspring made of ????

Silicon. I have not seen any documentation where Breitling has specified the hairspring material. However, Tudor movement MT5813, used in Black Bay Chrono and supplied by Breitling, is essentially is the Breitling's B01. Tudor has specified the hairspring to be made of Silicon. You can just google MT5813 and you will know it.

Aiming to retire with a Patek Philippe Nautilus (5711/1A-010) & Richard Lange (232.025)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by raja_3012 View Post
    Silicon. I have not seen any documentation where Breitling has specified the hairspring material. However, Tudor movement MT5813, used in Black Bay Chrono and supplied by Breitling, is essentially is the Breitling's B01. Tudor has specified the hairspring to be made of Silicon. You can just google MT5813 and you will know it.
    Yes i understand that, the collaboration between the two watch makes, but that is for the B20 movement, where does it say the B-01 has a silicon hairspring, i cannot find any info regarding that, have you just surmised that ?

Tudor has incorporated 2 movements from Breitling. MT5813 which is basically B01 and MT5613 which is basically B20.

If you google "tudor mt5813 breitling b01 silicon", you should be able to peruse some meaningful information.
    helderberg likes this.

Aiming to retire with a Patek Philippe Nautilus (5711/1A-010) & Richard Lange (232.025)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by raja_3012 View Post
    Tudor has incorporated 2 movements from Breitling. MT5813 which is basically B01 and MT5613 which is basically B20.

If you google "tudor mt5813 breitling b01 silicon", you should be able to peruse some meaningful information.
    I have done all that, but tit does not say The B-01 has a silicon hairspring, show me where it say the Chronomat B-01 has a silicon hairspring ??????
    Going by the 206 + views of this thread no one has a clue ?
    Last edited by asr53; August 12th, 2017 at 15:54.

Banned

I have checked all websites regarding what you said, this proves what i have said and i quote Modifications to the B01 include a Tudor oscillating weight and Tudor's own finishes, as well as regulating organs made by Tudor – this includes a silicon balance spring. So it would suggest as per the information, its a modified movement not the same as what is in the chronomat !

Quote Originally Posted by asr53 View Post
    I have checked all websites regarding what you said, this proves what i have said and i quote Modifications to the B01 include a Tudor oscillating weight and Tudor's own finishes, as well as regulating organs made by Tudor – this includes a silicon balance spring. So it would suggest as per the information, its a modified movement not the same as what is in the chronomat !
    Not sure how to respond to this... nobody said or claimed that MT5813 is the same as B01. Everyone is aware of the few cosmetic modifications that Tudor has made to B01. As you already aware that B01 is a chronometer grade movement. In the past Breitling has used chronometer grade ETA movements which uses Nivarox hairspring. After some more research, I came across an article on Quill & Pad. It states "A number of Caliber B01’s 346 components are outsourced, such as the reliable Nivarox escapement...". That said, it will be highly unlikely that they would use a silicon hairspring in a Nivarox escapement. So I stand corrected, it is not silicon but perhaps Nivarox.

‪Link: http://quillandpad.com/2017/04/05/tu...s-2017/‬

BTW... this is a discussion forum and not a court where you have to prove. People are here to help, share and discuss watch stuff.

Enough with your stupid rants Mr. Nobody. Why don't you man up and initiate conversations with Breitling about what material is used to make the hairspring in B01? A stranger is trying to help you. So don't be a jacka$$, if not thankful. Once your tiny brain is able to decipher what Breitling's response is, update your silly thread which nobody cares about.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Thread closed since you both seem unable to respect our rules & guidelines.
    raja_3012 and O2AFAC67 like this.
    Kind regards
    Mike
    Hidden Content

Thread Information